KM 1060L vs X560

Hi All,

I'm looking for some opinions in relation to the above machines. All I will need the machine for is printing covers for my books, the quantities won't be very high (approx 1000-2000 SRA3 a month) this will be increasing to probably 10k SRA3 a month. (20k being max). Covers will be gloss laminated, so I suppose the finish doesn't make so much of a difference.

I know KM colours and generally quality of the image (an I'm quite happy with it). I have no experience with Xerox. How would the quality of X560 (I understand it is not a production unit) compare with the KM 1060L?

Xerox beats KM on the price (and maintenance cost), what about the quality?

Has anybody experience with either both of those or their close siblings?

Many thanks,

Firefighter

Just be aware that the xerox toners have a laminating issue due to the surface of the toner.

Not sure if this has got any better with the new 560 but the older 242/250/260 which that replaced used to require a more adhesive laminate which is more expensive.

Even then we had occurrences of the laminate peeling off over time. Was hard to judge the cause as you never know how the customer was handling the product.

I've seen prints off the 560 and they are very good, I'd rank the image quality above the KM.

Just be aware that the xerox toners have a laminating issue due to the surface of the toner.

Not sure if this has got any better with the new 560 but the older 242/250/260 which that replaced used to require a more adhesive laminate which is more expensive.

Even then we had occurrences of the laminate peeling off over time. Was hard to judge the cause as you never know how the customer was handling the product.

I've seen prints off the 560 and they are very good, I'd rank the image quality above the KM.

I'm positive that Xerox have improved the toners over 250 era machines and you can get laminate with extra aggressive adhesive.

I'm just about to take delivery of the Konica, I'd be shocked if the Xerox is better although I don't think I've seen the 560 so can't really comment.

Given that the Xerox is cheaper and you only want to print 1000-2000 a month I'd be inclined to get print samples from the Xerox and laminate them and see how it goes. The KM 1060 sounds like a totally over the top waste of money for such small quantities, you could probably farm out the print to someone else for years and it would still be cheaper.

Oooh! ... Sorry, just read that the quantity will be increasing dramatically. I think I'd still be leaning towards the cheaper purchase but make sure you weigh up the running costs.
Again I can't comment on the Xerox but I've spoken to engineers who service my old Konica and they say the new one has very little down time.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back