KM 6500 - printing "restart"

suess

Anyone ran into issues with printing a job from the RIP and the LCD IC303 having you press "Start" to Restart? happens to us occasionally.. usually restart the RIP or the machine and it goes away.. but today if i print a job and say 125 copies.. its having me hit "Start to Restart" on ever copy!! I can't figure out why either.. The only thing different with this job is we are using a custom paper size but we have done this before. any help would be appreciated.

I've had this issue happen with other machines but, not the 6500. In the past its been an issue where the fuser was having difficulty holding the temperature. Perhaps you have a fuser lamp going bad (Do they still use fuser lamps?)

Anyway. I hope this helps.

Ray

Suess,

This is the paper detection sensor. If you watch the control panel closely you will see that the tray flicks to empty when the tray is not. It will do this for a split second but this is enough for the machine to stop.

This can be easily adjusted by your tech.

I hope it is something that simple.. I ended up taking the paper out and resteting the drawer but using a standard paper which ran continuously.. I have not since tried the custom size again.

Hi all,

I have some experience about the 6500, I used to got the problem like this, if I print more than 1 copy, I have to press "Start" button every time.

If you use the C6500 without any option, only mainbody of C6500 and bypass tray, you will got the problem like this

In this case, I check the firmware version, the old version is Ver27, when upgrade to Ver30 with the machine configuration above, have to press "Start" very copy. This is the bug of the Ver30.

But KM fixed this bug already

I dont know this is the same your situation or not.

Please contact the KM dealer in your site to check
Hop this help
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digital Analog Technology
[email protected]

Update:

Since my last post we have had some PM work done to resolve some other issues but have not tried to run any custom size stock again.
I'll check with my tech on the firmware as well next go around. We were using the large capacity trays to load the stock when this happened.

Anyone ran into issues with printing a job from the RIP and the LCD IC303 having you press "Start" to Restart? happens to us occasionally.. usually restart the RIP or the machine and it goes away.. but today if i print a job and say 125 copies.. its having me hit "Start to Restart" on ever copy!! I can't figure out why either.. The only thing different with this job is we are using a custom paper size but we have done this before. any help would be appreciated.

Try specifying the output tray instead of leaving it on "auto".
This is a know issue with the IC-304 v1 when running custom sizes so may be the same thing happening for you.

Alos, look on the LCD of the MFP and see if the "picture" matches your configuration. Sometimes it will not see the simple output tray if not finisher is installed. this can be resolved by your Technician.

Yes i specified the output tray. Our LCD shows all the finishers correctly as well. Same on the Creo RIP.

it sounds to me like the machine is not sure either what paper size is being asked for or what is in the trays...ergo...it is making you choose the tray for every call made.

if you are using the bypass, be sure that it is setup with the correct paper size at the machine when you put it in the tray.

If you have the ability in the print driver to "communicate" with the engine at print time, you may see the exact papers listed for the trays you are trying to use.

@suess

We experience a similar problem in our high capacity feeders using a custom size paper. For us, it would print and then just stop and sit there saying "Press Start to Restart". It turned out that it would misfeed in the tray, but only enough to generate the "Press Start" message and not a full misfeed/mishandled paper error. However, it did not occur as frequently as you say it is happening to you. It would happen from time-to-time. So the cause of your problem may be different and what others have suggested might be the issue. But here's what we've been instructed to do...

We clean the feed rollers on the tray using isopropyl alcohol (as suggested by our tech) to clean any residue off of the rollers. If that didn't resolve it (the rollers wear over time) there is an adjustment on the left-hand side of the tray to change the pressure (???) applied by the feed rollers and this may help to prevent slipping that is generating the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back