KM Bizhub C451 Bizarre 1 Good Side/1 Bad Side Print Quality

PrintSource

Hello ...

Curious to see if anyone had any insight on this situation:

We use a Konica Minolta Bizhub C451. Lately we have been trying to print documents (both color and black and white) on 80 lb. cover stock (in this case - a pearlized stock). One side will print as normal, saturated color (or black) and looks great. The other side, however, will print very, very lightly and appears almost as though the toner is low (although it is not). I have printed on this stock in the past and never had any problems. We have also noticed that it will do this on other thicker card stock (but always the one good side, one bad side issue).

Do we need to print this one side at a time? I have even considered putting a blank page in my document and printing them 2-sided to "trick" the printer. We have put in service calls for this issue but nothing seems to be resolved. If anyone has even had similar problems please post! It has definitely left us scratching our heads!

Only thing I can suggest is that the second side is not transferring as well because of having an image on the first side, quite a common issue though which I'm guessing you've already seen.

It would be worth running a few tests, combination of blanks, dark solids, light solids, using both the whole sheet area and half of it, and trying each combination with different sides first - ie. S1 Solid / S2 Blank, then S1 Blank / S2 Solid, and so on. Only take a few minutes.

Might give you some more insight into what's causing the problem. Different stocks as well, coated, uncoated, light and heavy and watch how the issue changes with the stock. All useful info for your techs as well.

I have had this on the previouse model and it was the High Voltage unit. You can print the first side ok and manually duplex but auto duplex is washed out. This is because the second side voltage is much higher and the board breaks down. They should try this, it was a knightmare to change on the prior model.

Same Problem

Same Problem

I am having the same problem with the print looking faded when trying to print on the second side. Were you able to find a solution?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back