Km c8000

dms

I have seen it mentioned on here a couple of time, but can't find any info anywhere. I have CPP500's and would like to upgrade. Any ideas where you can get some info. Or can anyone confirm there will be C8000 in Philly at the ON Demand.

Thanks

I have seen it mentioned on here a couple of time, but can't find any info anywhere. I have CPP500's and would like to upgrade. Any ideas where you can get some info. Or can anyone confirm there will be C8000 in Philly at the ON Demand.

Thanks

Last thing I heard is that the (European) launch would be Ipex in May, so I doubt whether you'll get much "official" information until then, but it's in "open secret" mode now, so I suspect your K-M sales rep will happily tell you what s/he knows. I think that probably KM might take your order in May, but first installs won't be for a couple of months after that (I don't really know, but brand new products tend to me like that). I think it's positioned as an upgrade from the 6501, but I've got to admit I don't know what a CPP500 is.

I've also heard a "rumour" that the 80ppm (launch model) is the slowest this engine is designed to go and faster versions are to follow. From the pictures it looks a little bit like an iGen4, with the big "wardrobe" in the middle, no idea really why they need that? No word yet on whether you need 3-phase, but of course you will require climate control to keep it in the "Q zone".

Talking about Ipex, it would be great to see the Xerox 800/1000 at Ipex, I wonder if they'll have them there?

Rumor Has it ..... C8000

Rumor Has it ..... C8000

The rumor is that the KM C8000 will be in Philly. KM is still keeping this launch hush hush but this system is projected to really give the iGen a run for it's money.

Thanks

lfelton, where are the pictures you spoke of?

Yeah, lets see some photos. I haven't seen any yet!! Although an I-gen'esk design would be consistent with current design (vertical drums). Personally I think this is a bit out of the blue and quite a gamble. I wonder if xerox caught wind of it and blew the lid on the 1000 early to rain on the parade?

Last edited:
The pictures I saw were in a KM presentation a couple of months ago, sorry no copies allowed. Uber, they treat you like a mushroom! BTW I only meant that it looked a little bit like an iGen with the "wardrobe" in the middle, I think it's intended to be more a x8002 "class" machine.

I demo-ed a 6501 last. While I was there I got a little info on the c8000. It is a complete upgrade over the 6501. It will duplex 300gsm, at rated speed. I'm not sure about how the speed changes with larger sheets or when duplexing. It will also have the KM equivilant to Xerox's AQCS. From the sound of it, it will probably stack up with the Xerox 8000 the best. I think it will be a step down from the iGen, but better than the Xerox 7000.

It will be a On Demand in Philly in April. I can't wait to get a look at it. It is my understanding that it will be launched it the US in June.

Pricing is available if you sign a confidentiality form.

C8000

C8000

Thanks

Hello- The C8000 will not be available I think until the spring. I heard its sexy. If you are going from the C500's to the C8000 you will be floored. Where are you located? I would love to provide a quote.

Thank You,

Autumnseasons

Yeah well, you would be floored going from a c500 to a box of crayons so that argument is a bit mute. Please share photos if you have any. We are all anonymous here.

Last edited:
Think they are missing a trick with the duplex 300gsm advancement - why not 350gsm?...thought that would be a must when developing a new press..

Think they are missing a trick with the duplex 300gsm advancement - why not 350gsm?...thought that would be a must when developing a new press..

Well I think 350gsm is within spec, are you saying that it won't duplex over 300gsm?

If so that's a shame. IMO the big opportunity they missed was leaving the max sheet size the same. It would have been VERY useful if it had been increased to B3.

Dont hold me to this but I think it will simplex on 350gsm and duplex on 300gsm...I guess we wont know for definite until Ipex...

I agree the bigger sheet size would be a winner...

I've got an image of the press. But I don't know how to upload and share. Any advice would help.

Thanks

Last edited:
On paper it's obviously got a large number of improvements on the 6500, however the body of the machine looks near identical (apart from being blue, as the video kindly points out)...

Presuming the body of the machine holds parts (fuser, paper path etc) which are reasonably similar to a 6500 then how are some of the features made possible? I'm thinking of things such as it running at 70ppm on 300gsm and auto-duplex upto 300gsm... are these likely just software changes? In which case *possibly* unreliable?

Maybe a KM tech/sales (preferably tech) could clarify which features are new compated with 6500?

I picked up on 1200x1200x8 (nice!)
Image density sensor? (also nice! especially if it does it how it's shown in the video... better than ACQS on igen/7/8000s!)
Running 300gsm at 70ppm

...are there many other things which are different?

Is the NEW simitri HD toner the same as what's used on the high chroma 6500s?

Would be interesting to get some figures on duty cycles and recommend volume?

My colleague spoke to UK sales and they said that the HD toner was not the same as the HC toner. Smaller particle size than used for the 65 series and not high chroma. Having said that, they were sales people and thus might not have a clue what they're talking about. Looking foward to a proper demo at ipex.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back