KM5501 v Xerox 700

Steve Evans

Looking to buy one of the above 2 machines. The running costs are similar but the KM will take litho stock comfortably. Have always had Xerox machines so slightly reluctant to move. Anybody who has either of these machines and is willing to shed some light on them would be much appreciated.

The 5501 is definately more versatile in terms of stock. We demo'd a 700 and it could not handle any of the textured stocks that we use. The 5501 is fantastic on textures and really gets into the dips.

I have both machines and without a doubt the 700 has much better color. The department that is suppose to use the 5501 is always using 700 because of the better flesh tones and solids.

overscan, we don't use our 5501 for heavy production so we don't use any stocks beyond our house stocks on the 5501. What paper can the 5501 run that the 700 cannot? 700 prints upto 216 duplex and 300 simplex. We run anything from cut 26x40 14pt kromekote to digital NCR without a problem on our 700.

We have both machines, and I would say go with the 5501. Our 5501 is a tank. It will run almost anything and run it well. We run a lot of Reich Paper Shine 130# metallic cover.(which the machine is not supposed to be able to run) Prints look beautiful always. Very few service calls compared to our 700. If I remember right the KM should be cheaper overall.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back