Kodak Approval Recipe Builder

Ptheobald1

i was wondering if there is anyone out there with advanced techniques/insider information for creating spot color matches using the Kodak Approval's Recipe Builder/RecipeGenerator?
I usually start with the Recipe Calculator's suggested Donor/Density Click combinations but I am usually very disappointed in how many swatch charts I need to generate before getting anywhere close to the LAB values of the ink drawdowns I am trying to match.

There must be a better more efficient way.....I am about to match 7 Hi-Fi ink color drawdowns when I can get some time on the proofer this afternoon.
thanks,
Pat

Ptheobald1, I have some good news regarding Recipe Colors on the Kodak Approval Proofing System. Late last year Kodak Approval introduced new software designed to ease the operation of building Recipe colors.
The newly released software is called Kodak Recipe Color Profiler. This software is a free download to any Kodak Approval NX customer running host 2.2.4.
The software, user guide, and instructional video are available on:
https://ecentral.kodak.com/eCentral/self-support/software.aspx

If you have never registered on this site, please set up registration and then go to Service and support, Pre-Press Software Download
Choose a product: Kodak Recipe Color Profiler.
This download will have all the information needed to install and operate the SW.
I have also included a URL to a blog we wrote with details on the software.

Kodak: Grow Your Biz - A Tour of Kodak Recipe Color Profiler

Please note this SW must run on a NX System running Host SW 2.2.4

I hope this information helps you create more accurate spot colors, along with increase in productivity.

Chuck Buscaglia
Applications Engineer
Kodak Approval

Approval Recipe Colors

Approval Recipe Colors

Thank you Chuck,

This is very encouraging....
I need to do some research on current versions on our Approval RIP, etc....

I appreciate your reply

Pat

I have some good news regarding Recipe Colors on the Kodak Approval Proofing System. Late last year Kodak Approval introduced new software designed to ease the operation of building Recipe colors.
I hope this information helps you create more accurate spot colors, along with increase in productivity.

Chuck Buscaglia
Applications Engineer
Kodak Approval[/QUOTE]

Pat, it is not the rip version that is important, it is the Approval Host SW version that must be 2.2.4.
Chuck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back