Kodak Magnus 400 needs help with Heidelberg ND100 plate settings

connerj91

We have a Kodak Magnus 400, we are having issues with the heidelberg nd100 non-process plates. We use the recommended amounts of heidelberg FS and Sub, along with a RO water system. Example issues: pressman had a hickey and went to wipe it with his finger on the plate and the image came off. We've had other times where the image starts to wear at just a few thousand impressions. We're also experiencing high plate sensitivity where we get a lot of toning.

Heidelberg has suggested adjusting/checking the CTP settings of drum power and speed. Heidelberg says that we need to be at 175 mj*cm2 for the plate, our current drum speed is 850 and our intensity is at 308. Does anyone have any guidance on adjusting these settings, or if they are in the right ball park even?

I have run some plate calibrations, but I really have no idea what to look for on the output (i.e. focus, intensity, drum speed, etc...). Does anyone have documentation on what to look for on those tests? We're just a small shop, so I don't have a plate reader, but once I get some confirmation of my plate settings I can take a plate over to a larger shop and have them read it for me no problem.

Hi have manual for Magnus 400, need to run the diagnostic first
However, i strong recomend, clean very well all sensor of machine , before to do that
Let me know, sincerely
Blessing
[email protected]
WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

We have a Kodak Magnus 400, we are having issues with the heidelberg nd100 non-process plates. We use the recommended amounts of heidelberg FS and Sub, along with a RO water system. Example issues: pressman had a hickey and went to wipe it with his finger on the plate and the image came off. We've had other times where the image starts to wear at just a few thousand impressions. We're also experiencing high plate sensitivity where we get a lot of toning.

Heidelberg has suggested adjusting/checking the CTP settings of drum power and speed. Heidelberg says that we need to be at 175 mj*cm2 for the plate, our current drum speed is 850 and our intensity is at 308. Does anyone have any guidance on adjusting these settings, or if they are in the right ball park even?

I have run some plate calibrations, but I really have no idea what to look for on the output (i.e. focus, intensity, drum speed, etc...). Does anyone have documentation on what to look for on those tests? We're just a small shop, so I don't have a plate reader, but once I get some confirmation of my plate settings I can take a plate over to a larger shop and have them read it for me no problem.
Hi, Did your problem solve

Hi sir:

I have some full course for Kodak Magnus 400, but only is coming with the 50% of tech documentation, however have the necessary information training for fix it, Very interesting.

Let me know, sincerely

Blessing
[email protected]
Mobile+WhatsApp: +505 8861 1441

Managua, Nicaragua. C.A.

Hi, does anybody new for Kodak Magnus 400 recommended settings for drum speed for Agfa eclipse process-less plates? Energy 130 mJ/cm2. Thanks in advance.

Hi, does anybody new for Kodak Magnus 400 recommended settings for drum speed for Agfa eclipse process-less plates? Energy 130 mJ/cm2. Thanks in advance.
For this info you need info about Magnus 400, which type, head and which of 3 Azura plates TE, TU or TS......

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back