Kodak Matchprint Inkjet 3.1

Mark

Our pc running KPS had a HD fail. I have installed a new HD reloaded windows and installed the Matchprint inkjet software. I can see both our proofers from the client and print fine. The problem is the certified process on the Hi Res proofs. I keep getting a size error on the Brisque (yes i know its old) for the default color bar. CB is for eye1 uv spectophotometer.

"Error No. 47- The image size does not match the expected size for the color bar being created, expected width 10.75 inches, expected height .092 inches."
Any ideas or fixes out there?

Thanks

Is it printing the same color bar that it did before the HD fail? If so, maybe you just need to select the correct color bar/color patch name in a pulldown menu somewhere. I'm not familiar with any of the software that you're using, but with my Fiery XF color management software, if I don't have the right color bar selected in FX, my verification will fail also.

Thanks,

Erik

No that's part of the problem, I can't add any color bars to the proofer in the KPS client.
Any users of KPS 5 out there? Is the process any easier in the newer versions because its pretty convoluted in 3.1

No that's part of the problem, I can't add any color bars to the proofer in the KPS client.
Any users of KPS 5 out there? Is the process any easier in the newer versions because its pretty convoluted in 3.1

Colour bars are added in Administrator, which is available from the client or server. The colour bar is added against the proofer.

The default color bar for an i1pro is indeed 273.05 mm x 23.37 mm or 10.75 in x 0.92 in image size.

Unlike the generic “default” colour bar, Fogra colour bars are licensed.

The first time a colour bar is created in Administrator against the proofer, one must export out the colour bar image out and then RIP/PRINT/Certify that colour bar at same size – which is where the size is compared to the colour bar setup to ensure that the patch sizes are correct.

The colour bar is then added to a layout. The layout is then referenced by say Prinergy or by KPS if using hot folders.

Although KPS 3 is before my time, I am guessing that the process has not changed.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Ran through the process again. Found the xml file created in the zip file and used that in the default color bar description. Finally works!
The documentation is rather vague as far as i'm concerned. Hopefully newer version are better. Thanks for the reply

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back