Kodak Mercury Ctp Plate processor maintanence details query

OSS

Hi

Can anyone advise wht are the preventive maintanence steps to be followed for ctp processor @ thermal plates?

1. How we will measure r identify the chemical strength ?
2. How much quantity replenisher need for a plate / level ??
3. Is it advisable to change the chemical every week r what is the frequency ??
4. As per the engineer instruction we never switched off our plate processor ? Is it right ??
5. For eg thro naked eye plates looks good but after printing fine lines r there over the job lightly , this happen becaz of week chemical. How to avoid/prevent such a type of error ??
6. How frequent we concentrate gum / gumming part on plate / processor ?
7. Is room temperature necessary to maintain the chemical strength ?
8. If auto replenisher wont work then how to manage it thro manually ?

regards
Kala

Kala,

We use the same machine. As far as all your questions, it really comes down to what plate and chemistry you are using. I have the documentation from Kodak for all of their plate types (as of two years ago) and the setup of the machine. Contact me if you want the info.

T

Yes we need all the info; we are using the kodak plates past 7 years without following any standard instruction; you could mail the info to the mail id which i sent to ur personal inbox..

thanks & regards
Kala

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back