Kodak nexpress opinion

Hi,
we're looking at changing our Xerox DC5000AP for something a little more productive and efficient. i've been looking around and found Reconditioned Kodak Nexpress'.
are they worth the investment. i've contacted the rep for a quote and am waiting for a meeting with him to get some more info on the machine.
we run about 700 000 to 1000 000 prints a year with our DC5000, is a nexpress too much for our production. i have to say that we dont get all the projects we quoted on since our cost is too high compared to an offset press for large volume jobs.
could the nexpress be a good move?
do they need repairing often?
are there known issues with Nexpress'?
are the supplies expensive?
how much do they cost?

thanks for your help!

I don't think so

I don't think so

In our company we had a used Nexpress, and it changed colors, technicians made a lots of changes, they blamed the paper, but never got to fix the machine. My advise is do not buy used, you might the one we had.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back