KODAK NEXPRESS Opinions

ErnieLail

We are currently running a Konica Minolta C6000 & C8000. The service has been horrible and we are looking into other options. I've seen some good things about the nexpress and wanted to get some opinions from operators... Hows the up time on this machine? Right now down time is killing us on the C8000. Anyone running 10pt-16pt mostly? That's what most of our runs consist of. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We switched from the NexPress to the C8000 and don't regret it one bit. Don't get me wrong, the C8000 has not been without fail, but show me a digital printer that doesn't have it's ups and downs. We spent just as much time on daily maintenance on the NexPress as we did for production. It took up two to three times more floor space and probably cost twice as much as the C8000. You'll not have less trouble with the NexPress over the C8000, IMHO.

Erik

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Our main problem is up time, maybe its our tech or the service branch here. We have been fighting the same issue for over a week. Place a call and the tech doesnt show up til lunch the next day. Machine was down for a few days while they tried to figure out why the fuser was coding. Do you experience the same issues? Hows the service around your neck of the woods?

I kept a bottle of champagne in my refrigerator for over four years.
Why? To celebrate the day that Nexpress was taken out of our shop.

We had one from 2005 to 2010 as I recall. Remember this - each blanket is $600. Each Cylinder was $1,200 I think?
If you had jam that ruined the blankets and cylinders - which we did on more than one occasion - that little business card job just cost you upwards of 10K

To be fair, they did have a plan that maxed your costs out at xx per quarter.
I just never liked mine. It was neat to tell my customers that they were getting truly "offset" technology. Not sure that any of them really cared in the end?

Maybe you need to talk to the Manager or your sales rep. When we place a service call on our 8k's we get a call back from the tech within one hour. If we place the call before 4 p.m. they are here within 2 hours.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to talk to the Manager or your sell rep. When we place a service call on our 8k's we get a call back from the tech within one hour. If we place the call before 4 p.m. they are here within 2 hours.

Yeah we've been in contact with the branch managers, service manager and sales rep.

We have a Konica Minolta 6500 and we had to get a new service company before we got acceptable service. Don't be afraid to fire them and find one better.
Just be sure to stress to the new company your service demands and get them to promise in writing they will be there.

We have a Konica Minolta 6500 and we had to get a new service company before we got acceptable service. Don't be afraid to fire them and find one better.
Just be sure to stress to the new company your service demands and get them to promise in writing they will be there.

Were you leasing your equipment? Aren't you kind of stuck with them when you have a lease?

Were you leasing your equipment? Aren't you kind of stuck with them when you have a lease?

Service contract is going to be seperate from the lease at least everything I have seen anyway. The lessor doesn't care what you do with it as long as they get it back and the end or you pay the buy out.

The only other reason you would have to keep it with KM is if you have a bundled lease where you have some service clicks built into the lease contract.

I work for KM in Production.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back