Kodak P80 Plates?

Same as? We are currently using the P45 and are looking for a more consistent plate. We were told these are the ones. We were having trouble printing in 20 micron staccato with the P45. Every lot # was different. Are these any better?

Same as? We are currently using the P45 and are looking for a more consistent plate. We were told these are the ones. We were having trouble printing in 20 micron staccato with the P45. Every lot # was different. Are these any better?

We run 20 micron stochastic daily with the P80. No issues. Not familar with the P45.

So you don't see a lot of variance from lot number to lot number? The P45 is a positive plate, negative chemistry. The P80 is positive plate, positive chemistry, correct?

Any issues with positive chemistry versus negative chemistry?

And these aren't a post or pre-bake are they?

No, not a pre bake. post bake is an option, but our run lengths don't warrant it.
We haven't noticed any variance from lot to lot. I'm not familiar enough with the chemistry to comment, though its not a messy to clean up. PTP chemistry turned everything blue. This chemistry does as well, but not as badly I'm told.

Hi Guys - Wanted to jump in here to try to clear up your questions, but let me know if you have more:

P0080 was the project code for the new Kodak Electra XD thermal plate, which was launched in Europe at drupa and commercialized in the US at Graph Expo last year. Electra XD is similar in application to the older PTP and Electra Excel products mentioned, though it introduces a completely new custom polymer emulsion. Yes, it is a positive plate using positive chemistry. The Electra XD Plate offers improvements over existing no preheat plates in terms of imaging speed, resolution, dot stability, processing, and unbaked run lengths (up to 500,000).

Meddington, I always love to hear of a customer's success. The Electra XD Plate is now running in more the 500 locations world wide and many of them are utilizing 10 and 20 micron stochastic on a daily basis.

P0045 was the product code for an improved version of Sword Excel, which has been recently commercialized as Sword Excel /P45. From a resolution standpoint Sword Excel does not have the exceptional resolution or dot consistency that Electra XD provides, but still manages a respectable Staccato 20.

Longllimb, if you are striving to differentiate yourself with the highest resolution and consistency, talk to your Kodak rep about the Electra XD Plate. I think you will like what you see!

Todd Bigger
Global Marketing Manager, No-Preheat Plates
Eastman Kodak Company

Hey todd-

We are getting the P80 plate next month. We were just having way too much variation on the P45's to run 20m staccato. Glad to hear there are people using it successfully with FM. Never really got the same replies with the Sword and FM printing.

Thanks for the info on it Todd. I was wonder where they came from.

Good to hear you are moving forward with the Electra XD (P80). As stated before I think you will be very pleased with the results. I trust that you are in contact with the local Kodak sales and technical resources to support your test/transition? If not feel free to send me a private massage if you need any further help with the coordination.

Todd Bigger
Global Marketing Manager - No Preheat Plates
Eastman Kodak Company

Kodak P80 (Electra XD) success

Kodak P80 (Electra XD) success

We have been using the P80 since it's inception (replacing the Creo PTP) and have had minimal problems with this plate. We have run 100% 20m Staccato for over six years and have had our issues in the past with various negative plates. This plate is great for our usage and run length. Very consistant lot to lot.

Developer usage is quite high but is offset by our plate cost and the fact we can go 7-8 weeks between processor changes. The developer is also a dream compared to the Creo PTP developer which continues to "leave an impression" on anyone who touches the processor. You can all thanks shops like ours and meddington's (see below) for going through that blue nightmare!

It is good to hear there are more and more installs out there. Nobody can ever tell us of any other installs of this plate. Our only complaint with the plate is the 35 day lead time for ordering direct from Kodak.

Hey Doug-

What conductivity does your processor level out at? It's about 85 out of the box and continuously drops. Never levels out. Isn't under 80 bad? Clean-out becomes an issue?

Other then that, we love this plate! Great performance with S20!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back