Kodak struggles - it's not getting better

J

The stock is down to 82 cents a share.

See this Wall Street Journal report: Kodak Shuffles Restructuring Advisers - WSJ.com

"Eastman Kodak Co. has reshuffled its restructuring advisers, as the struggling photography company seeks alternatives to a bankruptcy filing."

"The company warned last month that it could run out of cash to fund its operations if it can't sell assets or raise new financing."

The video is quite telling.

J

Kodak now down to 67 cents

Kodak now down to 67 cents

Now down to 67 cents - it's like the limbo...how low can it go?

And now its inkjet printer business may have been torpedoed.

"Kyocera Corporation Files Suit Against Eastman Kodak Company for Patent Infringement in Inkjet Printers"

Eastman Kodak Co (EK) Key Developments | Reuters.com

J

Prinergy/Insite/Store Front

Prinergy/Insite/Store Front

Not a big fan of the consumables, but lets hope Prinergy/Insite/Store Front solutions gets picked up quick. Perhaps EFI? They seem to be cornering the market with the ERP end of things. Maybe add a solid work flow solution to the mix.

I know our support got cut in half in the middle of an upgrade...

As a Kodak plate user I have had problems getting plates in here. Should this be something I'm worried about even more now. Our plates aren't even made here in the US.

As a Kodak plate user I have had problems getting plates in here. Should this be something I'm worried about even more now. Our plates aren't even made here in the US.
There will surely be plates for you and others currently using that plate even if Kodak should go down to the bottom, but there may be a short period during which the substitutes are hard to get. Protect yourself against this possibility by ordering and keeping on had a few extra boxes (skids?). Same for chemistry.

View the extra inventory cost as the price of this protection.

Al

Edit: Of course, if a lot of users do this, Kodak may get the false idea that there is a resurgence.

Last edited:
Heed Al's advice. There have been more than a few instances of demand outweighing supply.

Kodak Struggles to Secure Financing

Kodak Struggles to Secure Financing

From the Motely Fool Dec 19:

"Eastman Kodak is struggling to secure financing that the company needs in order to avoid potential bankruptcy. A group of hedge funds have reportedly cut the amount they're willing to provide, calling into question whether Kodak will be able to raise enough cash to avoid bankruptcy."

Click here: Kodak Struggles to Secure Financing

And this: "Will it wind up filing a Chapter 11?* And when it does will it be able to put together a plan and implement that plan to transform itself into a digital force?* My hunch is no.* The corporate culture seems too old-line and a typical example of nothing breeds failure like previous success. The Kodak moment is over.* The digital moment can't be born."

Full article here: http://blogs.fool.com/janegenova/2011/12/19/kodak-it-headed-chapter-11/?source=eogyholnk0000001

J

Last edited:
Still going down. Now 63 cents. FUD, fear, uncertainty, and death spiral?

J

Kodak problems

Kodak problems

Yup, we been having problems getting plates and they just screwed me on my lease payment subsidy. Next October my lease on their Magnus 400 system terminates. It has been a great but expensive system.

Been seeing changes here and there...

my local FE's lost their company fleet cars. Kodak opting instead to pay them for using their own. Which, knowing the cost, seems like will cost them MORE. :)

Note: I still prefer Kodak machinery, hate to see this....

It appears that Kodak has followed the same path to the same end that its founder George Eastman did.

I feel very sad for - other than top management - the employees and retired employees on a Kodak pension.

J

Last edited:
I feel very sad for - other than top management - the employees and retired employees on a Kodak pension.

J

same thought here. :( As well as the town of rochester....Though, when I was there a few years back, it seemed like they were already feeling the sting of the digital camera industry.

I fear they are "circling the bowl"

Down to 0.39

I wonder if they'll last long enough to go bankrupt. I can't imagine the mood amongst the employees.

J

It's interesting that all the talk is about finding ways to inject more cash into the company to keep it going. But if top management isn't changed then the money will simply postpone the inevitable.

J

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back