Kodak Sword plates with Fujifilm DT-2W thermal chemistry???

chknlegs

Hey peeps,

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with running Kodak plates with Fujifilm chemistry? We are thinking of mixing vendors and were wondering if this would cause a problem. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Why?

Why?

My question would be why would you want to mix the two? By design Fuji Chemistry is meant to work with the Fuji Plate and likewise with Kodak. They are both very different products even though they both say "Thermal" on the box. That is where the similarities end. In todays wold where the cost of plate remakes could mean profit/no profit or even loss it would not be worth it to me to experiment within the gray area of plate making not knowing what the results would be. Get yourself a Fuji ZAC machine where you can benefit from the technology the machine offers and run their thermal plate. You wont have issues with highlight dot loss and repeatability ever again. Just my 2 cents worth
Van.

Answer to question

Answer to question

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. The reason I wanted to get information about mixing plates on one processor is because I wanted to test out some Chinese plates for some black & white line art jobs but wanted to keep the same plates for my 4 color work. The chinese plates work with the same chemistry as the Kodak Sword plates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back