Komori L-440 circuit board repair / exchange

amccolor

Hi all,

We have a year 2000 (or 1999) Komori Lithrone 440. One of the circuit boards underneath the console is having problems. One of the ink keys will automatically increase ink all by itself randomly. It has a mind of its own. We can only control it if we lock that key.

Anyone know of a source (other than Komori parts of course) that has an exchange / repair program for Komori circuit boards? I found a website, but they are based in the UK and I am not really comfortable ordering from someone out of the US.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

-Anton

Where are you at? There is a local person here in the bay area (California) that repairs boards. He repaired a board on our Polar cutter. 400 compared to 2000 for a new one. I know he repaired a Komori board locally as well. Good luck!

Richard

Hi Richard, we are in the Los Angeles area. Problem is that there is no way that we could take out the board to send it for repair because we can't take the press off production.

I am hoping to find a source that has Komori circuit boards for exchange. I found a source in the UK that has all sorts of Komori boards for exchange, but it would still cost around $2,100 versus $2,800 direct from Komori. The $700 savings doesn't really justify (in my mind) going to an outside source.

-Anton

Are you sure it is the circuit board? do you know what type of console you have? I, III, IV or whatever.

"1 key" sounds suspicious to me, as the ink key board(s) controls more that one unit. Do you see this problem on just one key in one printing unit? or one key on each unit?

If it is just one key on just one unit, you likely have a problem with the ink key motor assembly. Switch it with a key motor way out on the end of the unit and see if the problem moves with the motor.

If it is the same key on all units, there could also be a problem with the membrane switch on the top of the console for that key, locking the key would stop this from happening.

I would hate to see you spend a bunch of money and have the same problem you started out with.

good luck

We repair circuit boards for Komori, Mitsubishi,Akiyama, Manroland, Heidelberg. Depending on your board part number, we offer exchange programs (we send you a rebuilt one, you send back your old one).
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back