Komori LS/Ink on meetering roller

REYES1377

How many Komori LS users out there battle this day in day out. We can only go 15 to 20 thousand impressions before having to clean the meetering rollers. It's not a heavy build up but a light film that builds up and causes the sheet to tint/dry up. It was worse before we settled on our current chemistry package (Prisco 141-143/Alkaless 3000). If anyone has any recomendations i am all ears.

Thanks,

G

are you desensitizing the chrome roller? I've found that a once a week desensitizing of the chrome roller helps with this quite a bit. There are commercially available chrome roller cleaners out there but i prefer to mix my own. I just mix about 2/3s plate gum (age) to 1/3 of a strong plate cleaner. Try this.... After your end of the week wash-up and after cleaning the metering roller and chrome roller with MRC back off metering roller from chrome with either your night latch or turning out the adjustment as the case may be for your press. Apply above mentioned cocktail liberally to a dry chrome roller with a webril wipe or cotton pad. Allow it to stay on the roller over the weekend. Start up Monday morning in the usual manner. If this doesn't help you then id say you need to work a little more on finding a better combination of plates, inks, and fountain solution.

we have ran out LS640 for 7 years and just added an LS840 with both UV & Con ink abilities on it. both presses run off the same water system. We have found that using very little sub make the deference.
We run 2.5 to 3 oz 3451u with RO water @ 2200 conductivity and next to NO sub, some where around ½ oz to a Gal. ( we use 7 drums of 3451u to 1 drum of alkalis 8000 a year.

We go back and forth between UV and Conventional inks. Yes we do gum the chrome every night. I'm starting to realize it is what it is. We have sampled a dozen different combos and nothing makes me say man we nailed it. I have a CD as well and none of this problem what so ever.

Komori Metering Roller

Komori Metering Roller

Reyes,

1) If the metering roller and chrome pan roller are geared together - Disengage !

2) Use a softer shore hardness metering roller, one with a Matt Finish

Regards, Alois

I can reccomend to use C.R.D. - Chrome Roller Desensitizer - from ABC ALLIED PRESSROOM PRODUCTS.

It's a product used to desensitize all dampening rollers, chrome as well as rubber. I'ts a combination of micro-filtered gums and desensitizers. It will prevent ink build-up on dampening rollers and improve water receptivity.

I would also suggest to try our new IPA FREE fountain solution - TITAN ELITE FOUNT.

Best regards

Konrad
[email protected]

Ink on meter roller?

Ink on meter roller?

We go back and forth between UV and Conventional inks. Yes we do gum the chrome every night. I'm starting to realize it is what it is. We have sampled a dozen different combos and nothing makes me say man we nailed it. I have a CD as well and none of this problem what so ever.

Did you ever narrow down the likely cause or control this?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back