Komori Sprint GS228P APC problem

Phanx11

Hi everyone

I'm working on repairing a Komori GS228P. It's old machine and has been the victim of random repairs. The last one as they told me, the absolute encoder on cam by motor was replaced with exact same model (much newer sticker though) problem is, i checked old encoder and it works fine. When i say i checked i mean i measured with scope and saw no slippage on pulses, no intermittent signal loss or any regular symptoms. So then i don't get why they replaced encoder...

Then operator tells me, in the past they had APC problems, where they had to restart machine about 20 times for it to work properly and now it completely went kaput.

Operator tell me he presses APC, buzzer sounds after he presses it again, press start rotating the wrong way, left cylinder (from feeder side) engages, misses, then press rotates other way, again stops and left one goes again and barely hits the lever roller on pin, then press rotates the other way again and right cylinder engages and misses pivot for the release.

Today i'm trying to get PLC dump from Fuji NJ-B16 CPU, if i can ever find correct pinout for cable. One site tell me it's RJ-45 to D-sub 9 RS-232C, other tells it's for ancient handheld programmer and i need to use D-sub15 to D-sub9 and haven't found reliable pin out yet.

Anyway, if someone could please look at the video. Tell me, how the exact APC logic sequence must go in this machine vs our case here.

Another question, on this machine is there an actual mechanical 0 point where i can match to the 0 point of the absolute encoder? Operator said he messed with it's position more then once and now who knows where it was originally/or where its suppose to be.
My guess 1 way would be to match it to the hall sensor PR-T1 (home position)?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back