Komori Sprint SII-228 Main Motor Overload

ibler

Hi!

Just need a sound advice. Our machine (komori sprint SII-228) will not run. Overload led indicates error with the main motor drive. Checked inverter, it says Overload. Even before running the machine, overload led indicates error with main drive.

Thank you all in advance!

Your main motor inverter box may have blown. If that is the case, there is only one alternative, and that is to have it replaced by a Komori electrician. You may also need the encoder, which is mounted on the main motor shaft behind the main motor's fan. Not a fast or inexpensive repair. Before any of that, have you tried to hit the reset button on the main motor inverter box? Also, did the main motor inverter box become too hot? Check the ventilation of the main electrical cabinet, make sure internal fans are working and not impeded in any way.

chuckv Thank you for the inputs. Will check on the fans and the encoder. If the encoder is replaced, do I also need to reset the inverter? Coz then I'd have to note down all the parameters. I can't get hold of a Komori tech here

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back