Konica c500 and Canon CLC5100 (5000)

St.Nicholas Press

Hi,

We had to go digital for smaller runs, and, since financing is almost impossible in our area, we had to consider much cheaper option than new machines,the older models, e.g. Konica c500 and Canon CLC 5100 and CLC5000.

Could you share your experience and usual problems with mentioned models, please?

Many thanks,
Alexander

already have some questions:

1) Is Canon CLC 5100 and CLC5000 that much different?

2) Is Konica c500 absolutely the same machine as 8050 and CF5001 model?

Thanks!

The c500 and 8050 are very similar i.e most all parts are interchangeable. However the c500 prints much better than the 8050 due to some firmware enhancements. If you are prepared to put the effort in then the c500 will be good for you. Much better than a 5100 in any case. The 5100 is a first gen machine where as the c500 is a second gen machine.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CANON CLC 5000/CLC 5100!!!!!!!!!!!! By all means you'll regret it, absolute nightmare. I had a CLC 4000 (well 2, because one died after 300K) nothing but problems from the start. Don't do it no matter how much they pay you!

Stay away from the Konica C500 also. I am assuming you are talking about the Bizhub C500. In fact not happy at all with Konica. If color consistency and duplexing registration is not any concern then that is the machine for you.

Look for a used Xerox DocuColor 240/250, you can probably find a good price on them.
And they are proven to work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back