Konica C6500 vs Ricoh c900

Lindab

We do production print in our office. We have a Konica C6500. We love it. It has been suggested to us that we can save money by purchasing a ricoh C900. I know about the Konica C6500. does anyone have information on the Ricoh C900. (someone who has used this equipment)

Lindab, who is suggesting that you could save money? Is it a Ricoh sales person? The C900 costs more and has about the same click rate...

I run an Ikon 650 (same thing as the KM) and a C900, both with full booklet makers. What do you want to know about either?

We do production print in our office. We have a Konica C6500. We love it. It has been suggested to us that we can save money by purchasing a Ricoh C900. I know about the Konica C6500. does anyone have information on the Ricoh C900. (someone who has used this equipment)

The KM650x series is a great machine and $15-20k less than the Ricoh c900. However, the c900 has a *slightly* better print quality. I just bought a c900, which is being delivered tomorrow. However, if IKON was still selling the KM series I would have been all over a 6501 for a lot less money.

Again, both are excellent boxes. Other than initial acquisition price you need to look at maintenance and supplies. Can you local vendor support the box? Also, unless the Ricoh rep is offering a killed click charge and lease financing I can't see how you will save. But you run the numbers and if it works out.... ;-)

Mark H

C900 no good bad production unit

C900 no good bad production unit

the c900 is not a production machine. check other threads here and you'll see tons of problems people are having with it. it is not good for as many impressions as they say. If you plan to use it for production plan to see your tech weekly

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back