Konica Minolta C8000 bent corners

Russ_G

Our fairly new KM c8000 bends corners of the sheet. It doesn't seem to matter what paper or whether or not it is duplex or single sided, we are told of course that it's the paper/humidity/paper curl ect. but what is strange it does it in cycles regardless of those variables. It might not do it for a week or more then it comes back. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the cause and or solution??:confused:

Please mail me [email protected]
I would like to share your views on this issue.
We have been having our fair share of issues with the C8000...
From sheet to sheet registration to colour variation and dog ears on printed sheets....
And I have one of about 10 machines in the country, so NO technician is really clued up....

My first thought would be you may have a piece of paper stuck in from a jam. It could be bouncing around causing intermittent corner bending. I used to have a machine that had a plastic gate in the paper path that would get a groove about every 3 million sheets and cause bent corners.

We have the dog-ear issue relatively frequently, but it always easily repaired by our Konica technicicans. Usually it happens after a service and the techs forget to make "X" adjustment. When they come in it's a 30 minute fix. Perhaps suggest to your technicans call the Konica Wellington New Zealand technicians and see if they can suss it out between each other? Ask for VJ or Errol.

We also have the duplex issue too - 50% of the time it is the stock inconsistently trimmed to size. There is a part on our 8000 in the duplex unit that our technicians send away to get coated in teflon as the part from the factory is no good - after so many sheets the teflon wears away, causing the sheet to stick and create duplex alignment issues (image jumping around from sheet to sheet). No idea what the part is sorry, but if your techs talk to ours they may find that info useful.

Just my $0.10!

Hi Craig
I the paper stops in the same spot, jus as it exits the mainfuser and into the part with the "M6" handle...
You can clearly see that the paper is getting nicked on something, as the pages that do make it out have a small
dent on a specific spot on the edge of the sheet.
I have stripped the part and have noticed, as Graeme mentioned, it seems the Teflon is coming away from the metal
in some places and i have attempted pressing it back down, but didn't really help.
What I have noticed is that it is actually worse when the coverage is full on the sheet, but it still happens although less frequently when coverage is low...

I think i will forward the advice from you guys to the techs and let them ponder over it :)

Any advice regarding sheet to sheet registration?

In the first 6-8 mnths that I had the machine it run perfectly i every respect
then it jus seems to be prob after prob...

As soon as i run a long run like 60 000, 80gsm bond paper, the pipe inside at the back for waste toner gets clogged,
toner gets hard due to heat while machine is running which in turn causes gears to get stripped!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back