Konica vs Xerox

I have never heard or seen the problem. With over 50 sold in my state, would know of this issue. Every printer will use full bleeds and do as much at one time as possible. Coverage does not make a difference.
You need to use your TSG!

I have over 20 units in my city.

One guy mentioned something similar with one particular jobs; what he did was converting the Black to Rich Black to resolve the issue. Easy fix.

Hi Dear,

There are so many differences between C451 and xerox DC252. toner technology, printing dpi (2400x2400) and many other things. some month ago i received a "jazzin File" which is so famous among experts. when i printed the file by both machine, the results were outstanding. color separation was highly done on DC252 but not on KM C451. color combination of C451 was so awful, since the cyan mixed with Magenta.

this is the reason why the price is astronomical. Market believe that KM C451 is good enough for mid-level copy shops not for high-end graphic art market

Xerox for sure...

Xerox for sure...

I have had KM products and I really like their b/w systems. But when it comes to color what made it for me was the Xerox 242 (or 252 or 260) and how easy it is to replace drums without service calls. I have an external Fiery that matches colors great and gives my clients color that has them all coming back to do more color jobs. The 6500 is a great system, but in my humble opinion, it doesn't match up to the quality of the Xerox.

What made it for me when we bought this system a few years ago was how many Staples, Office Depot, OfficeMax, FedEx Office, etc. branches carry Konica....not many...in fact, I didn't see one. They all had one thing in common...Xerox production color.

Like with everyone, just my two cents.

Click charge, duplexing, finish, fine text, RIP?

Click charge, duplexing, finish, fine text, RIP?

I read here somewhere that someone says the KM is slightly more expensive then the Xerox, in the UK this is not the case, I have the best click charge offer by far on the KM, followed very closely by the same machine with the Océ brand.

Duplexing.... I have a KM5501 loan machine here at the moment, both it and the Océ C665 I saw managed to duplex my 300gsm Silk with no problem at all, although I've not run more than 20 sheets at a time.

Finish... The KM/Océ really does look like litho, a massive bonus when selling the print.

Fine text... This is the only area where the Xerox excelled. 4 point fine text reversed out of a dark and saturated background was shockingly good.

Can anyone honestly say there is a difference in output when using an external RIP over an embedded Fiery on these machines? Either way I can have the ES-1000 for calibration so is there any other real benefit other than maybe speed? I'd love to know this as I'm about to make my purchase decision.

Can anyone honestly say there is a difference in output when using an external RIP over an embedded Fiery on these machines?

I think there's a difference only if you use a feature that the External has that the Bustled does not. For example, Screening, the External has more screening options. or Halftone simulation. If you just clik File > Print everything with Deault settings, probably the output is the same.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back