laminating digital printing with a large format laminator

bigben

Hi! I've got a question for you. I'm a signmake with a 65in royal solverign laminator. Can I use it to laminate digital print from my KM 6501?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Absolutely !
I use my GBC Titan 1264WF with short SuperStick lamination rolls for my Xerox 700 ALL THE TIME.

Call TAS film in Laval on the North shore of montreal, Ask for SuperStick lamination. Its real expensive, but work real great on toner printed material.

Call TAS film in Laval on the North shore of montreal, Ask for SuperStick lamination. Its real expensive, but work real great on toner printed material.

wow! Thanks! I've never expected to get a precise answer like that.

Thanks again.

Hi! I've got a question for you. I'm a signmake with a 65in royal solverign laminator. Can I use it to laminate digital print from my KM 6501?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Hi Ben. I went to see Royal Solverign laminator 15" with decurler, and sales guy recommended to use OPP film. It's desined of digital printers. I made a number of samles which came from Xerox 1000 and 5252 and they look great. Right now I use outside company who does lamination for me and they always use OPP film for my covers. All my covers have full heavy soilds

By the way do you have a trimmer attached to your laminator. Do you know any inexpensiive trimmers/cutters which can trim sheets between Thanks

Hi Printer in heart,

I'm looking for a digital print laminator too, if you buy the Royal Solverign 15" please tell me if it works with Xerox prints (I have a dc 250 and buying soon a 5000ap). Thanks!

Hi Printer in heart,

I'm looking for a digital print laminator too, if you buy the Royal Solverign 15" please tell me if it works with Xerox prints (I have a dc 250 and buying soon a 5000ap). Thanks!

I printed a lot of samples on new Xerox 1000 and then I laminated them using OPP film and put through bookletmaker. So far so good. I have 5252 in my shop and I laminate covers all the time using company outside. They also use OPP film, it's made specifically for digital printers

Hi Everyone,
I was told that the toners used in the KM 6501 are different from the Xerox, in that when it comes to lamination. Has anyone tried to laminate and process (creasing / scoring) prints from the KM 6501 pro? I have tried using the same laminate and glue I use to laminate offset printed materials, but of course, that is just not working. Heat lamination?

Hi Everyone,
I was told that the toners used in the KM 6501 are different from the Xerox, in that when it comes to lamination. Has anyone tried to laminate and process (creasing / scoring) prints from the KM 6501 pro? I have tried using the same laminate and glue I use to laminate offset printed materials, but of course, that is just not working. Heat lamination?

We laminate prints off our Oce CS665 and CS650 all the time. We just use a GBC heat laminator and it works fine with the wax based toner.

Hi Everyone,

We use a foliant laminator with our 5501. It works better on the KM than it did on our xerox dc250. We sometimes had pealing edges with the xerox when we had dense toner coverage but the km output doesn't seem to suffer from the same problems.

We use a foliant laminator with our 5501. It works better on the KM than it did on our xerox dc250. We sometimes had pealing edges with the xerox when we had dense toner coverage but the km output doesn't seem to suffer from the same problems.

Thanks guys, I will look into my options. Will let you know of our progress.
thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back