Laminator Heat controller

I have a Mightylam 2700 Laminator. I'm getting an "LL F" on the led readout of the heat controller. Does anyone Know how to get the controller to display the "temp F" or knows how to code the controller?
I'm hoping the "LL F" doesn't mean it's a bad controller but if it is where do I get parts (heat controller) for this machine?

Attachments

• mightlam.jpg
    mightlam.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 173
You can find the operating instructions manual on the internet.
Snip ... to determine the Set Temperature, with the heater switch activated and the current temperature displayed,
press and hold down either the up or down arrow for 3-4 seconds. The display will change and flash the Set
Temperature and “SU” alternately. After 10 seconds the display will return to the ambient/heat shoe
temperature. To change the Set Temperature, depress and hold either arrow down for 3-4 seconds until the Set
Temperature and “SU” flash. Depress and hold the appropriate arrow to raise or lower the setting. The digits
will change slowly initially but will increase speed when held down longer for large changes. When the
desired setting has been reached, depress both arrows simultaneously to save the Set Temperature ... end snip.

Failures are easy to fix. If a controller doesn't read out the temperature it needs replacing. K-type probes are very robust, rarely fail. If it does show degrees but doesn't turn heaters on, the controller is probably fine but the SSR is damaged - in this case replace with an/any equivalent relay at least 25 Amps. K-type temperature controllers are also easy to find at just about any hardware retailer.

Thank You Maxon

I know that I have to replace the controller. I'm getting an "HH F" and then turns into an "LL F" on the LCD and stays. once in a while the LCD counts up or down even in the negatives and I get the same results with the same controller even when I switch the two controllers around. So My question is what hardware store would carry a 1X.75 " controller to fit into the slot. I went to several places and no one carries controllers like this. I don't care if it matches the old one just so it works.

Hi again try temperature controllers at mouser, farnell, industrial automation shops. I found a digital Omron controller called E5CB at mouser, suitable for almost any type of input (you have K probes), powered by 110-230VAC and one output on standard relay or SSR. Needs a square hole, 48x48 mm panel mount. Programming is different from what you have but doesn't matter really.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back