Landa gets money and delays delivery

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
What is the name of that board game where you buy up pieces of properties named after streets??

Somehow it eludes me.

D

And Landa dismisses MAN's claims:
Landa dismisses Manroland Sheetfed claims | PrintWeek

The marriage has a rocky start.

Interesting.

And again, PrintWeek provides the interesting articles while WTT tends to want to publish cheery positive promotional stuff.

I don't know what the final outcome will be for the Landa concept but if it is a big FAIL are the graphic arts publications going to take any responsibility for their too cheery views over such a long wait. Most of the reporters are useless because they do not want to report negative views and they don't know enough to imagine the problems.

Yes, these marriages have a rocky start and partly due to mutual neglect it seems. Komori is probably more interested in supplying machinery than in developing the press. They can just wait and see if something comes out of this technology. They get paid even if they are waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary:
  1. Two profitable companies (Komori and Actega) investing into this and getting a partnership.
  2. The CEO of manroland (profitable? wouldn't know they are private and don't divulge) saying it isn't ready for primetime.
  3. Landa saying that manroland hasn't seen any of the developments from the past 2 years.

Conclusions:
  • Signing a document with intent to date then not talking for two years isn't a marriage. At least not where I'm from.
  • Of course it isn't ready for primetime else you could already take delivery of one of the things. For better or worse.
  • Komori based on financial docs appears to have their house in order much more so than the other publicly traded press manufacturers. They also have a footprint in nearly every printing technology that puts ink on paper.

One thing is for sure.... there is a lot of interest in this thing both from the optimistic POV and the skepticism POV.

Last edited:
There is no pessimism here chev.

All there is tis REALITY.

Nothing has been proven REAL, only one helluva marketing campaign and money gathering venture.

Again sir, I am from Missouri, and they must SHOW ME.

Production, print in hand please.

And... I have the patience of Jobe, so nothing else to say at this point.

Got it?

D

I'm with D Ink Man on this.
There is no apparent differentiating value to Landa's product. So I don't understand the hype. It still has a press operator at the press which seems pretty old-fashioned for a revolutionary solution. There's still unanswered questions about the safety and recyclability of nanoparticles. I think MAN is being cautious for very good reason.
The lure of locked-in and wide profit margins for the nano-ink is the main draw.

Landa Digital Printing has gone back to the drawing board on its Nanography digital presses, which are now set to ship a year later than forecast.The three-metre wide panel has been ditched in favour of a wraparound ‘cockpit’ at the delivery end of the press that is more akin to a conventional litho press control console. The cockpit features several smaller touchscreens and retains the ability for the operator to monitor the press from a remote, hand-held tablet. printing house

I believe these are basically minor issues, but are being using as a focal point as an excuse to justify tardiness for delivery.

As tried to be delicately put in the other posted thread, INK, is the thing that is the hush hush ointment in the fly.

D Ink Man

Landa Digital Printing has gone back to the drawing board on its Nanography digital presses, which are now set to ship a year later than forecast.The three-metre wide panel has been ditched in favour of a wraparound ‘cockpit’ at the delivery end of the press that is more akin to a conventional litho press control console. The cockpit features several smaller touchscreens and retains the ability for the operator to monitor the press from a remote, hand-held tablet. printing house

This news is almost a year old. It looks like you provided it only to show a link to your business web site.

So this post is just an advertisement.

This was reported also on WTT but in the WTT article, there was no mention of the delay in delivery of the presses.

An article in the UK's Printweek seems to be more comprehensive on reporting the story. There it is mentioned about the delay in delivery of six months and the unusual requirement that the final decision to deliver will be only decided when operators are happy. You can read the article from this link.

http://www.printweek.com/print-week...es-eur100m-investment-updates-press-roll-plan

A very interesting article today in WTT about the progress with Landa.

[url]http://whattheythink.com/articles/71600-landa-update-drupa-2016/

Seems to show lots of progress but they sneaked in that the beta testing will start in the second half of 2015. This is basically another 6 month delay from what was stated in the past article from Printweek in the quote above.

I am interested at how this latest story will be reported in Printweek, since they tend to be more comprehensive in reporting and commenting on stories. I am sure they will pick up on the delay.

Additional info.

Here is the Printweek article that I expected.

http://www.printweek.com/print-week/product-news/1148661/landa-close-perfecting-nano-tech

Sure enough, they did comment on the added delay. They also supplied more info on the cost of development.

Looking at the cockpit end of the press, I am wondering if the pallet has to come out of the press in line with the press and right in the cockpit area. If that is true, then possibly some operators are going to get their feet
run over by the fork lifts. :) Ouch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the cockpit end of the press, I am wondering if the pallet has to come out of the press in line with the press and right in the cockpit area. If that is true, then possibly some operators are going to get their feet
run over by the fork lifts. :) Ouch.

Landa will supply steel toes as an accessory.

A very interesting article today in WTT about the progress with Landa.

http://whattheythink.com/articles/71600-landa-update-drupa-2016/

Seems to show lots of progress but they sneaked in that the beta testing will start in the second half of 2015. This is basically another 6 month delay from what was stated in the past article from Printweek in the quote above.

I am interested at how this latest story will be reported in Printweek, since they tend to be more comprehensive in reporting and commenting on stories. I am sure they will pick up on the delay.

Additional info.

Here is the Printweek article that I expected.

http://www.printweek.com/print-week/product-news/1148661/landa-close-perfecting-nano-tech

Sure enough, they did comment on the added delay. They also supplied more info on the cost of development.

According to the above articles, the Landa press should be in beta testing at this time. Has anyone heard of anything about the press?

Maybe we are going to get another delay announcement soon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back