Length of lease

Keith

I have a question about leases. or rather, the length of them. Some background info with getting to detailed: I'm at year 4 of a 5 year lease (on a 252) and Xerox gave me an offer on a new machine, the C75. I have the type of work (heavy coated card stock with intense graphics) for it but not quite the volume, only average 15,000 color a month of 12x18 and 13x19. To lower my new lease payment, they offered an 84 month lease. Is it crazy to do that? Has anyone else on this forum done a lease that long?

Keith

Man, over 100 views and not a single reply? Oh well, I went with my gut and said "no" to the 72 or 84 month lease. Just didn't like it. If someone can explain why a lease that long is a bad idea, I would still like to hear it.

Haha, good ole' Xerox. Did yo check around with other vendors: KM, Ricoh, Canon?
I bet you that you can save money and get a better machine from another vendors.

Here's a good reason NOT to sign an 84 month lease.....you're stuck with it for 84 months. What if you find the copier doesn't fit your needs 3-4 years into the lease? Technology is changing so rapidly, it's crazy to sign up for something that will be 'old' in just a couple years. They may let you out of it early, but it will cost you $$$

I would not suggest rolling over leases, you are still paying for year 5 of that 252 as you pay for year 1 of the CJ75 if you know it or not.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back