Life expectancy of a Xerox 700

We are currently running 2 Xerox 700's. They have both done 1.2 million clicks (SRA3) in 13 months. We now see an engineer once a week and are losing about a days production per week.

Does anyone have an idea of the life expentancy of these machines. I have been told to expect no more than 5 million clicks A4, 2.5 million (SRA3).

Is anyone out there doing these volumes or more on this machine?

Check your CED... it should have that information as well as the service call rate. If they are not performing tell your salesperson you want to implement your Total Satisfaction Guarantee.

Customer Expectations Document.... ask your sales monkey, it should have been given to you when you signed off on installation, signed by you (owner), sales monkey, and technician with everyone agreeing what the Expectations of the device are.

I received this exact document only a few days ago. We have had these machines for 13 months now.

Thanks I will have a read through.

Good Luck! This is your "Holy Grail" for what the device can and can't do... your safety net.

we run a 700 it goes in streaks, i think we have had every part replaced since we got it in house in October. I would say we are down for a sevice call on average once a month. Our service tech has arranged for us to store certain parts here so we do not have to wait for the ordering process. If you have a good relationship with the service tech they are a great allie and shoudl be able to help you out quite a bit getting what you need from Xerox.

Not sure about you guys - but I've got 520,000 in 8 1/2 months and I'm in discussions already to replace my 700.

I've got way more clicks on our 240 and it keep ticking along nicely

The print quality has deteriorated a lot and they are telling me "that is the best it will do".

Luckily - my "monkey" is on my side - so far, and we have a service contract, so it's costing Xerox to service the machine.

Personally - I think the 700 was brought to market too soon as it has a lot of mechanical bugs. Not to mention the issues with the drums and some of the other consumables.

Hi.

Both machines have now done around 1.3 million clicks, the quality has never dropped but the machine has slowed down considerably. We are about to purchase a 7002 which will hopefully take some of the pressure off of the 700's.

I honestly can't see the 2 700's lasting us more than another year.

I have been working with a 700 with a creo frontend for over a year (two years with a 8000ap, two years 8000, and about three years on a 2060, all creo dfes.) So far the 700 has been adequate in color performance and quality, save a few hiccups with fuser roll issues and a bent baffold... its at 1.7 million clicks, and it gets a pm about once every one to two months. Great for medium to high runs, and the light production finishing unit is good on the end. If you are experiencing issues, make sure your using true toner, that the drums are really good shape (and the developer housing as well) and that the belt is in good shape too (do mention the 1st btr rolls on them to your service tech as those wear too). Just recently, our external calibrator, the i1 pro, hicupped and we'll be getting a new one. A bad calibrator will result in poor quality issues too...

Why are the engineers in for? Color quality issues or other issues like artifacts and deletions?

We have had our 700 for 13 months and have 1,600,000 clicks on it, with 99% of them 12 x 18 or 13 x 19. The machine definately does have it's problems from time to time. Sometimes we will see a tech here 3-4 times a week. Sometimes we might go a couple of weeks without seeing one. They've basically replaced almost every part in the imagining section at least once, some 2 or 3 times. Is it a pain sometimes, yes. Would we like it a lot better, definately yes. But with Xerox bringing to market the 800/1000 at such a high price, who can afford it. The 7002 & 8002 definately won't do the quality.

Apparently the drum manufacturing has been moved to Mexico and when that happened the quality dropped substantially. I'm told that it has been "fixed" now with drums manufactured after May 2010. It would be been nice if they had told us, instead of us pulling our hair out trying to work around a problem they knew about - but didn't tell anyone - including the service reps.
The black and yellow toners were and issue as well - mostly trying get them. That seems to be OK now.
Also the waste toner containers were like hen's teeth trying to get for a while. You know what happens if don't replace them on time.

Nasty mess and hours for the techs to clean up.

We still have problems getting parts some times - either a shortage or problems with couriers.

Oh yes they sure don't like to send waste toners for some reason :) we have also had several problems with backordered supplies and only being allowed to order limited amounts of toner or consumables at a time. If you are printing high volume you need to getyour sales rep involved. After several problems and being told we were using too many supplies we had to do a little pushing with our rep and now we can order more supplies based on our workload not what Xerox thinks we should have. Of cousre this does not help when toner is on backorder. Our area seems to have a shortage of cyan.

Interesting - sounds similar.

We've been order a lot lately and more or less it seems to arrive - eventually.

Just keep a big supply - incase they run short.

on the side note, technology changes a lot, my supervisor says he would change his machines at least once every 3 to 4 years, as new technology comes out constantly. We'll be getting a 800 or 1000 to replace our 8000AP :) gonna be interesting.

Be prepared for a big awakening. Xerox click charge for the 800/1000 is the same as the IGEN. Also, the base minimum charge is big too. Also, you have to buy the clear toner & developer separately, it is not included in the click charge.

heh, that's for my billing department to dispute. our management is the ones upgrading. we use whatever we get ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back