"liquid metallic" or "liquid foil" ink?

paperblanks

paperblanks

MetalFX uses process color overprinting standard luster metallic silver to create a variety of metallic colors. It does not provide a "foil-like" appearance as per the OPs description.

best, gordon p

Dear Gordon
paperblanks (Paperblanks - Beautiful Journals, Dayplanners, Address books & Guestbooks) journals cover have very shiny metallic effects , is it same
process?
I have experience with MetalFX, but it is not very shiny, as you said before.

thanks
Ali

[email protected]

If you look at the area in question under a loop and you see a shiny smooth metallic surface, it's probably foil. If it's an ink you should be able to see paper grains. Also, if you put the sheet on a light table, if its foil you should not see any light through it, if its ink you will see backlight. I keep an old microscope around from my high school chemistry days just incase.

If you look at the area in question under a loop and you see a shiny smooth metallic surface, it's probably foil. If it's an ink you should be able to see paper grains. Also, if you put the sheet on a light table, if its foil you should not see any light through it, if its ink you will see backlight. I keep an old microscope around from my high school chemistry days just incase.

Dear graficworx
thanks,it seems a very density and superb shiny silver in background and other CMYK colors printed in front of silver layer (foil-shining),similar to MetalFX process,but it is much more
brilliant and shinyer than MetalFX .
it produce eyecathing colors,you can see on a paperblanks journal.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back