Living in the past; who remembers the ...

[email protected]

does anybody remember the Van Dyk 4000 copier, the one that fed from a roll of paper?

Or the Vydec word processor?

Total Copy System?

Xerox 1860?

Lionheart?

who remembers word perfect ( I had version 5.1) at no point could you see your formatting - only when you printed it out - so if you wanted italics, you would select the text, make the font changes and it would highlight in yellow - then bold, the same, highlighted in red - then you printed it the document out on your dot matrix printer and I remember my breath being taken away at "Drop Shadows"

Cricket Draw! It helped me learn Postscript because you could create vector graphics in one window and see the Postscript code that generated the graphic in a separate window. Modify the Postscript and the image would update accordingly.

EyeStar Plus, a very early precursor to Photoshop. You had to make sure the art you scanned was straight, as you could only rotate art in the program in 45 degree increments. Hand-held scanner, of course.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back