log counter readings end of each month? Ricoh Pro c5310

bcr

Hi all,

Wondering if there is a way to automatically take a reading of the counter at the end of each month and then save it somewhere, on a ricoh c5310?

We are using Fiery CWS job log and Equitrac to track prints, but we often get a discrepancy between the clicks on the invoice and the clicks on the job logs.

It would be helpful to know the actual counter readings on the machine from the end of each month to be able to compare against the invoice and figure out where the logs are going wrong.

Any suggestions?

We read the meters at the close of business on the last working day of the month. It's only a few numbers and not difficult. Even if I'm in a hurry, I can take a photo of the meters with my phone and enter it into Excel later. Our actual billing, however, runs from the 30th to the 29th. If you want to check accuracy of billing down to the click, be sure you log your meters on the same day that your billing statement closes. In our case we would have to take our reading COB on the 29th.

There are other issues with automated meter reading that can create discrepancies. Do you run multiple shifts, or ever run late into the night or start unusually early in the morning? The servers collecting the data can be in a different time zone and don't adjust for your location, so you could have an hour or two of clicks showing on a different billing period.

How wrong are they?

Thanks - i mean i can set some reminders in my calendar to do it, but i just know i'll forget or miss it at times. Feels like there should be an automated way of doing it..

Bump - just wondering if anyone is aware of perhaps a software application that would take automatic meter readings from two printers, and then either back this up somewhere, or I could schedule a process to run a report or something..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back