Looking for Imposition Software options

InvisSoul

We're looking into possibly switching our imposition software from Preps to something else. I'm looking for a list of companies that make robust imposition software. Just give me as many as you can or software that you are currently using.

Thanks!

Why in particular do you want to leave Preps? I have been using it for some 20 years and love it. I use Preps 5.3.3 as a stand alone application to create plate size pdfs that get manually downloaded to the rip from my mac work station. In addition to a Press sheet slug mark, I use a plate slug mark that images on the plate below the sheet gripper edge, and on the sheet itself I have a text mark with $Template / $SigName that documents the template and sig that produced the plate in case a problem needs to be investigated.

Al

Why in particular do you want to leave Preps? I have been using it for some 20 years and love it. I use Preps 5.3.3 as a stand alone application to create plate size pdfs that get manually downloaded to the rip from my mac work station. In addition to a Press sheet slug mark, I use a plate slug mark that images on the plate below the sheet gripper edge, and on the sheet itself I have a text mark with $Template / $SigName that documents the template and sig that produced the plate in case a problem needs to be investigated.

Al

hmmmmm..... I have a sneaking suspicion that they "upgraded" to Preps 6 and are unhappy. Big suprise.

If you have lots of Preps templates, then you'll want to keep those and save time. Ultimate Technographics offers a FREE Preps template/layout import tool. Then you can choose the Impostrip version that meet your needs. FREE trial versions (complete versions) are available to download. Impostrip has been around for over 24 years and new features/products are developed every year by our team.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back