Looking for Prepress workflow that offers Online proofing.

Otis

I am currently using Kodak workflow with InSite. We have been having issues with compatibility with the New Max OSX and windows base OS also with Java 7. Kodak assures they can fix it by upgrading our workflow to the tune of 60K!! I am not ok with this kind of business model and I am looking for another provider that can off online files for approval that truly represents how the file will print. If anyone is currently working with a Prepress workflow that offers this please tell me about your experiences.

Thanks
Frustrated Prepress Manager!!!

Dalim Front end work flow and Dialogue Engine for soft proofing. All Browser base.

However, if price is an issue, might have to bite the bullet and roll with Kodak. Had to do it myself at a shop I was at. 60K seems a bit much though. We replaced all our hardware and software to a 64 bit architecture for half that price.

Good Luck..

No upgrade needed - I've heard you should be able to contact your tech (TSA) or Apple to rollback to Java 6.

I think it also lies in the hands of customers upgrading on their end as well. They upgrade to the latest and greatest hardware / OS and start to have functionality issues with Insite, Store front, etc. If this does do the trick, you would have to get all your customers on board with this as well.

We use Xitron's Sierra. Ironically, we use Kodak Insite Creative for softproofing. They issued a patch to allow Smart Review to work with Java 7. It's certainly a hassle when workflows break because of JAVA or an OS update. We fought through Insite not working with Snow Leopard for quite awhile before buying the fix. We are on per call rates with Kodak which are $5/minute. Xitron has an online proofing option for Sierra now I believe. It will be costly to replace and re-train also. Glad we didn't go with Kodak several years ago when my boss was pushing it. Too $$$$.

I am currently using Kodak workflow with InSite. We have been having issues with compatibility with the New Max OSX and windows base OS also with Java 7. Kodak assures they can fix it by upgrading our workflow to the tune of 60K!! I am not ok with this kind of business model and I am looking for another provider that can off online files for approval that truly represents how the file will print. If anyone is currently working with a Prepress workflow that offers this please tell me about your experiences.

Thanks

Cennes Solutions offer prinergy and SRS replacement working with ex Kodak/Creo guys

Cennes Solutions offer prinergy and SRS replacement working with ex Kodak/Creo guys

Thanks

Help is at hand, the guys that built Creo Insite, Prinergy, SRS are our partners and have a fantastic proofing solution and bridge to Insite - call: +44 7780 664877 ( Speak to Andy)
Thanks,
Andy

Help is at hand, the guys that built Creo Insite, Prinergy, SRS are our partners and have a fantastic proofing solution and bridge to Insite - call: +44 7780 664877 ( Speak to Andy)
Thanks,
Andy

Proofing from one bit tiff files

Proofing from one bit tiff files

If anyone is currently working with a Prepress workflow that offers this please tell me about your experiences.
Thanks
Frustrated Prepress Manager!!![/QUOTE]

We are ripping separations to one bit plate files and proofing/managing using (real dot) via Serendipity Black Magic. Our plate files are resident on a 7TB Raid (+1 hot swappable) connected to a Screen 8600Z platesetter, Epson proofers, Rip, Macs, PCs and of course BM on a basic LAN. We plate through Rampage Output Director which allows mapping (padding and clipping) onto various plate sizes; therefore one file plates to all presses when need be
We are able to proof or reproof any job at any time from either the HQ-Rip (while active there) or the Plate Raid.
The BM is a server and client based software with excellent capability such as soft proof, trap check, reimpose pages etc. I recommend this approach as an efficient, fast and reliable setup which for our work which requires reprinting multiple times a year for, on average, five years before art changes.
John W

Dear Otis,

see this link, please.
Founder Electronics
I am sure, this workflow will satisfy you. Also the price is unbeatable.
Just tell me your requirements, and I tell you if ELECROC can do your job for what price.

Best regards

Hartmut

I thought you guys were an Agfa shop, Otis.

EVERY workflow has a an online proofing function, now. Remote Director has redone their pricing structure - you might take a look at that. On the very economical end of the spectrum, take a look at Bodoni Systems viewSIGN. The Black Magic proofing RIP that John W talks about has a softproofing option - it's also a really nice RIP.

Last edited:
Replace Kodak InSite Possible Solution

Replace Kodak InSite Possible Solution

I saw your post and thought I would mention that Viki Solutions offers a product called Vera that will solve your issues. The prepress proofing and workflow tool is browser-based and uses html5 and silverlight, so it is Java free and it integrates with Prinergy! Viki Solutions offers free upgrades to its partners and is constantly improving the product. The development team at Viki Solutions built Prinergy and Insite at Creo/Kodak originally, so when Kodak downsized, they started Viki Solutions and designed the program from the ground up using 64 bit technology and fixing the issues that are systemic with InSite. The product also includes automated task routing. As the Director of Business Development, obviously one can see that I am promoting the company and product, but also offering a potential solution to your problem. Any claims that suggest that an upgrade is going to fix the root architecture issues with your existing system should be treated with caution.

Cheers,

Chris

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back