Looking for resources for new salesperson

We are bringing a new salesperson on board at my print shop, and she will be working remotely for a while, finishing up some schooling. I am looking for any great videos, articles, resources, etc., that will help onboard her and help familiarize her with the print processes. For both digital and offset print. Is anyone aware of a library of resources that exists? She is BRAND NEW to this industry, so I am looking for something that will not dive too deep while also covering the basics of both types of print. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much with the print-associations that we are apart of.

TIA!!

Years ago, The Quad Graphics sales training process would start with working in: the bindery, pre-press, ink lab, photo, and actually working on press.
If you had actually worked in the plant, it made you confident and knowledgeable about selling the product. It was also a team sales process. They really wanted the sales people to bring the prospect in, and "the company" would do the selling. This model grew them to $2 Bill in sales. However, times and printing were different then.
Today, companies either want sales people that can bring customers with them or "magicians". Obviously you want your new sales person to hustle and prospect, but get them involved in learning a sales process as well. Remember, the whole company sells product and your lobby and receptionist is usually the first impression. .

Years ago, The Quad Graphics sales training process would start with working in: the bindery, pre-press, ink lab, photo, and actually working on press.
If you had actually worked in the plant, it made you confident and knowledgeable about selling the product.
I was going to suggest something similar to this. A medium sized shop I worked at had new sales reps shadow people from each department for a couple of weeks so they had an understanding of the processes involved with printing and finishing, along with what services we offered.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back