Looking to buy a Duplo 616 Pro (used)

Morgan Bu

I'm looking purchase a Duplo 616 Pro, Cutter Creaser (used). Cash in hand. Delivered to Southern California.

Does the 616 pro come with a barcode reader that links your fiery imposition seamlessly to the duplo?

I think the 618 does this and it seems like it would be a great feature.

My 616 doesn't do this

Does the 616 pro come with a barcode reader that links your fiery imposition seamlessly to the duplo?

I think the 618 does this and it seems like it would be a great feature.

My 616 doesn't do this
Seamlessly. LOL - You still have to impose it and there's not really a lot of room on most of our jobs for that barcode so it's not super helpful except in certain cases if you have the room to print the barcode. Additionally, it has to stop and read the barcode every sheet which slows it down AND if you do mix and match jobs then you end up with a mess at the end as all the jobs get dumped out in the same place so the time it takes to sort jobs doesn't make up for the time saved with the barcode.

The barcode seems like a cool feature but in reality I've found it to be fairly useless.

Has anyone else actually used the barcode feature?

Seamlessly. LOL - You still have to impose it and there's not really a lot of room on most of our jobs for that barcode so it's not super helpful except in certain cases if you have the room to print the barcode. Additionally, it has to stop and read the barcode every sheet which slows it down AND if you do mix and match jobs then you end up with a mess at the end as all the jobs get dumped out in the same place so the time it takes to sort jobs doesn't make up for the time saved with the barcode.

The barcode seems like a cool feature but in reality I've found it to be fairly useless.

Good to know!

The duplo has to read each sheet? Barcode does not say run imposition for the next x-number of sheets?

Good to know!

The duplo has to read each sheet? Barcode does not say run imposition for the next x-number of sheets?
I'm honestly not 100% sure. Maybe someone here is using the feature on the Duplo 618? I know the barcode feature is in our MBM Aerocut and we tried it and found it non-helpful. Maybe Duplo implemented it in a better way. I haven't tried to use it on our newer machine yet because it doesn't seem helpful and most of what we run there isn't room to print the barcode anyways.

We use barcodes on our 618, it has a setting to only read them on the first sheet. We usually print on 13x19 and have the space.

616 has bar codes reading but you dont want to use it unless each page is variable layouts.... may have one as soon as Friday for sale. Msg me your email address if you really interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back