Lotem 400 pc won't start up

moncivaez

Hi, i'm using a Lotem 400, worked fine yesterday, but today monitor screen does not have video signal
the keyboard lights turn on when booting, but still no signal.
I've change monitor and vga cable
Cleaned the PC board with processor and RAM memory.
Check all fuses.
i'm running out of ideas.
Any clue on how to solve the problem? Thanx

Check the voltage output of the power supply and try to use a computer power supply to see if it works. Also try another RAM memory module.

I tested with another power supply and RAM memory but still no video signal
The Num Lock key on the keyboard seems to work
The door alarm works when i left open.

Before this problem the yellow buttons were not working properly, had had to push several times to start the application.
Any other ideas? thanks

Hi, if PC starts after pressing power up button in front of it, exchange the back-up battery, another sign of battery failure is wrong time and date (if one manage to boot it up).

LoWang, you mean the lithium battery at the standard controller? seems to been atached to the card. :(
No luck so far. I'm trying with a PCI vga video card into a free pci port.

No, I meant BIOS battery - Does PC start after pressing power-up button on front panel OF PC's enclosure?

If you need help contacting Kodak for support please let me know. Kodak purchased Creo in 2005 (who merged with Scitex previously). We still service the Lotem 400 platform, and can provide support.

Kevin.

sir we having Creo Lotem 400 CTP earlier it was working Smooth we having 23 Laser LD and since last three month we face one problem like startup earlier its start immidiate but now its take 2 hrs to start some time it star in 20 min some time more than six hrs so i ask somebody so they say its may because of loose contact or door switch problem so i checked all switches all are working fine ...later on i checked back side CTP Power 400 Board connection all are connected can anybody Help Me What it is Problem how i can solve this or need to replace any board ... Thanks in Advance

Hi Naralkar - I sent you an email to try to help you coordinate with our Service team in India. I'm sure they can help!

Kevin.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back