Lotem 800 lines on plates

mattdj

We are using a Lotem 800 V and are finding lines on the plates. I have attached a pic. There have been similar threads on here but i cant find out how they were resolved.

The faster the drum speed the more intense the lines are (900rpm)
We have changed the V pads, silicone oiled and cleaned the V groove and still the lines appear
We have identified it is the lotem and not the processor!
The lines run vertically same direction as the drum
Anybody had a similar problem and found a fix??
Thanks in advance

/Users/bmac/Desktop/Screen shot 2013-12-06 at 16.15.15.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-12-06 at 16.15.15.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-12-06 at 16.15.15.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 228
Hi ansoft

How do we know if its a failed laser? In the expose params box when we are exposing a plate it reads
Active Diodes 24 (0-23)
Factor -1

Thanks

Hi all,
A'm onli simple tehnician with lot ofexperience with problems on lothem 800, I have two and on one of them every problem with machine was happened.
(sorry my english is not to good)
This line was appear on print,OK? do you see this line on non procesed plate after hi comeout from lotem?
OK, you've got a simple solution. call service that you set calibration or that he set binding. This is what happens when you are not calibrated carriage motor and the speed of the drum or lighting is not the best calibrated and not done well zero the head with respect to the plate.

Or developer in processor is not in good condition. try that first

BR.
Adis

PS: do you have eny error on Lotem display

1.Test the job with fresh chemical - if its ok then u have to do intensity calibration..
2. Then do focus adjustment..

Finally failed laser..

Hi,

We are getting lines on the plate too, but these line are very different from the lines talked about on this forums.
Please see the attached image.

Lotem 800V Line on plate.jpg

Any advise is really appreciated.

Thank You,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back