lotem800v 24laserhead_laser error

K

kala

when we gave lasercalibration under lasergroup in hardware tree

all the lasers (Lasergroup 0-23) failed no error messages..

cleaned all the ldd boards / checked the 12v / 5v and -5v everything is working..

checked the DDB respond by giving send all command DDB is also responding with no errors..

any suggestion ??

regards
kala

Hi Patch

I tried running the diagnostic software version 3.2 in my machine...

During software starting it stated that plate location warning : select plate location carefully wrong selection will cause damage to the machine.. some tests will not be executed whiel a plate is in machine..

since no plate in the machine i selected the option no plate and continue...

then i tried to run the config for powersupply :

Distribution box : pass
Under Ebox : 5 volt shows fail and 12 volt fail and 12 v pass...

if i click error report shows that vcc is out of tolerence..

Hope this information will help to sort out ???

regards
kala

if i run diagnostic test for all it shows fail in MCF board too - MCF PII frequency - external power supply vcc like that..

if i run diagnostic test for all it shows fail in MCF board too - MCF PII frequency - external power supply vcc like that..

I am a little confused with the different problems that you have.
What error message you get when you load up the Lotem software?
MCF power PSU is measured on the MCF board 5V &GND points and needs to be adjusted EXACTLY for 5.1V on the lower PSU in the E box. You have to use a long screw driver and adjust the POT from the rear of the Lotem.

when i load up lotem software (lotem controller) no error it shows ready mode...
when i give laser calibration under hardware tree laser group all my lasers turn into red color (failed)
checked power supply , ddb , sensors everything is working...
finally i run the lotem diagnostic software i got the below error ..
1. under power supply :
if i click error report shows that vcc is out of tolerence.
2. under board:
all boards pass except MCF board whether the above 2 problem related to laser calibration or not..

Kindly note that this is the refurished machine which we start the installation last week...

My question is whether MCF error and powersupply error which is related to laser calibration fail or not???
How to find out or which is the root cause which fails my laser calibration (all lasers) failed...

3 days before we have taken few plates for calibration afterthat we are facing this problem ...

kindly suggests..

Kala,
I think that your main problems lies with the MCF board or the PSU that supplies to it. The MCF is a very important part in the Carriage and Drum operation. If the carriage does not move than the optics will not be placed infront of the Light Detector for the calibration of the lasers. Who refurbished this machine for you? It is hard for you to install a machine like this in this state and I am not sure if you have done this job before so you have to rely on help from the WWW.
Good luck.

when i load up lotem software (lotem controller) no error it shows ready mode...
when i give laser calibration under hardware tree laser group all my lasers turn into red color (failed)
checked power supply , ddb , sensors everything is working...
finally i run the lotem diagnostic software i got the below error ..
1. under power supply :
if i click error report shows that vcc is out of tolerence.
2. under board:
all boards pass except MCF board whether the above 2 problem related to laser calibration or not..

Kindly note that this is the refurished machine which we start the installation last week...

My question is whether MCF error and powersupply error which is related to laser calibration fail or not???
How to find out or which is the root cause which fails my laser calibration (all lasers) failed...

3 days before we have taken few plates for calibration afterthat we are facing this problem ...

kindly suggests..

Hi Pach

My carriage motor starts and ends with no errors.. if i give start command under hardware tree

what do u mean by PSU let me know the definition for it..

we are going to change the ddb and powersupply boards and going to do the checking of powersupply tomorrow..

any other suggestions..

regards
kala

Hi Pach

If i run my lotem controller software no errors ; even if i diagnostics no errors but as usual if i give calibration all laser turns into red without any error...

Any suggestions

regards
kala

Before you do the calibration open the Carriage motor. do the calibration at 50mw and see if the carriage moves to -3 (usually the place for the optics to be infront of the Light Detector).

Hi Pach

If i run my lotem controller software no errors ; even if i diagnostics no errors but as usual if i give calibration all laser turns into red without any error...

Any suggestions

regards
kala

hi i did the carriage moves to -3 immediately all my laser turs into red color which means fail; is there is anything related to DDB cable or Laser Sensor Glass these are the 2 still now we never touched..

any other suggestion pls

It could be the Light Detector. Have a look and see that it is not burned . If youo have a sapre Light Detector you can try and replace it but you you will have to the Light Detectors factor in registry to corespond with the new one. It could also be the 5V PSU in the L Box. The only way to measure voltages is to use extension probes to the Test Points as you have to close all the doors .

hi i did the carriage moves to -3 immediately all my laser turs into red color which means fail; is there is anything related to DDB cable or Laser Sensor Glass these are the 2 still now we never touched..

any other suggestion pls

Pach Light Detector means are u talking about the square glass which sits on home position of carriage nad left hand side of the rear door ; am i correct... As far as concern 5v psu in the Lbox is working and we changed another 5vpsu no difference..

pls confirm abt the light detector , if i replace the light detector what to do in the registry ???

regards
kala

no but kindly confirm how to check that white breaker is working or not..

What Nemo is talking about is the Circuit Breaker on the L Box.
On the side of the Light Detector there is a number like 4.6 for instance. The Light Detector is the unit that you describe near the HP of the carriage.
Search for LD factor in the registry. You will find it under Light Detector I think.

no but kindly confirm how to check that white breaker is working or not..

Hi patch

if circuit breaker is not working u will get ddb doesnot respond error, put on off error...

Is there is a procedure to check light detector..., Let me know the procedure to change the light detector too..

when i compared both my working and non working lotems i found there is a difference under drum detector s phase, in working machine the status shows off but in non working machine the status shows on..

is this status is related to laser error

kindly advise

regards
kala

Kala, you're right about ddb and breaker. I missed it in your earlier post.
When you replace the Light Detector you will need to update the LD factor Pach is talking about - both Low and High DAC Factor under Local3/LDT with the value from the new Light Detector.
One thing to try though is to adjust the carriage position for light detector +/-2-3mm: under Laser group - light detector position.
Can you please post here what exactly are the errors reported?

Last edited:
Good evening!

Kindly clarify my doubt that if the beams are coming from the optics @ carriage moves from end to home position and stated error at position -3.. whether is related to power supply or DDB board..

Regarding this we changed the light detector and its value, is there is any test that light detector is working or not or any fixed or increased value for light detector?/

Changed almost all the boards in the LBOX ...Still same status...

Is it possible that suddenly or at a same time that all laser fails... becaz the error log shows the company which used this lotem earlier use 370 value for intensity which is very high... even i have taken 8-9 trial plates

Last week after levelling we changed the unload rollers whether anything need to tunned or adjusted for ths..

Power supply checking :

Checked the powersupply as advised 12v/5v/-5v everything ok -today even we changed the power distribution board too no improvement...

DDB cable from LBOX:

is there is any change that DDB cable from lbox giving trouble, if yes pls advise how to check this becaz one end starts lower end connection from lbox to another end if iam not wrong connect to ebox mcf board or where kindly confirm

DDB Board :

even i changed the ddb board last week , afterthat also same status .. is anything need to check in DDB becaz I checked by the option resend all no errors but my friends stated that after version 3 it wont show errors I need to check by the mentioned step below but I got confused..
Open the Lotem 800 rear door using the application. Wait a moment for the solinoids to release and then go to the Lotem. Close the door and return to the application. .
Under Hardware/Boards/DDB card open the DDB dialog box again.
Press the Connect button in the DDB dialog box.
Under the DDB status box, select FPGA status register – 0.
If the S/W loading and startup is O.K the status of the register should be: 000 FF FF F7 F7.

Becaz I couldn’t find out the register 000 FF FF F7 F7 no where in DDB dialogue box

Registry Doubts :

Kindly advise if registry corrupts or wrong registry will create this type of error or not..

Software version doubts :

upto yesterday the lotem version was 3.2 .. today i tried up with version 3.62 which is the one my running lotem has.. after installation without loading the registry i tried the software shows same laser error status then i tried to load the running 48 laser machine registry, afterloading it shows all punch related error like version difference punch error becaz of punch all other error cames... is anything need to change in punch or at the time of installation i need to check some other option or not kindly advise..

Questions & Queries :

Is there is any chance to check the daughter board behind LDD cards and diodes is working or not ?

1. DDB Recheck
2. Need confirmation abt registry (like can i try my running lotem machine registry if yes then where to change the punch options @ registry or software or at the time of installation... which error which I mentioned earlier
4. what is the use of diagnostics..software; though it shows everything pass
5. how to check DDB cable is working or not or from LBox where the other end joins ?? is necessary to change the cable...
6. is it possible any interlock get on without showing any error becaz i changed right hand side door and all the other doors are also loose but no errors...
7. any sensor need to change or is there is any sensor related to laser side activation..
8. is anything related to Local box / becaz we swapped both left and right local boxes and tried that too same status..
9. how come the beam is coming at the time of carriage moves to home position if any error related to power supply or diode fails..
10. can i run the version 3.62 after changing the punch version or type after ur mail or guidance, or need to run only old version 3.2 which i dont have software installation files..
11. can i connect the ddb cable from bottom portion from lbox to middle or top to check ??
12. anything related to interlock or loose connections..
13. anything need to done from optical side...

regards
kala

kala, set the +5v to +5.2v, and 12v to 12.5v
the -5v goes to LDD and the +5v to DDB, LDD and TEC.
Monitor the voltage while performing laser calibration - make sure you reset the diodes after each failure and the registry values are 0-23. Try calibrating for lower values - 50mw.
Adjust the laser detector position a few millimeters back and forth to make sure the laser is hitting it.
Remove half of the LDD boards at a time and test. Check all cables connections.
If you reinstall the application, remove it first and delete the registry. Test it with this clean install first, then restore your registry backup.
Send a plate and then check the error, general and laser logs to see what happened

Nemo, +.2 and .5 will result this type error...

iam resetting the diodes each and everytime when it shows failure..

calibrating always with 50mw only no improvement

light detector value is 4.8 r u advising this value to adjust in mm or u r talking about carriage motor position but which iam not wrong default value is -3 this need to adjust or anything else...

let me try by removing half of the LDD and check..

let me try to fire a plate and let u know rest of the errors...

have a nice week end..

Patch

Awaiting for ur replyy and guidance too???

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back