low res plotter/proofer recommendations

Glenn McDowall

may need a new ink -jet to replace HP design jet 5500, 36inch wide roll fed, used for imposed paper proofs for internal checking of bleed/folding etc, must be driven from Prinergy Sever running Windows Server.
any suggestions, really not fussed about quality, speed is much more important.
Anyone had to get one recently?

may need a new ink -jet to replace HP design jet 5500, 36inch wide roll fed, used for imposed paper proofs for internal checking of bleed/folding etc, must be driven from Prinergy Sever running Windows Server.
any suggestions, really not fussed about quality, speed is much more important.
Anyone had to get one recently?

I am a Prinergy 5 user with a Hp5500 with Spinjet attachment. I also have another double sided proofing option which was purchased through Partners Graphics in Toronto Canada. 2 Canon ipF8000s plotters with ImpoProof by Hyphen. 20 double sided 30 x 40 plotters per hour.

Double Sided Proofing

Double Sided Proofing

I am a Prinergy 5 user with a Hp5500 with Spinjet attachment. I also have another double sided proofing option which was purchased through Partners Graphics in Toronto Canada. 2 Canon ipF8000s plotters with ImpoProof by Hyphen. 20 double sided 30 x 40 plotters per hour.

By far the number one units sold in N America. Also that rated speed is at 1200 dpi, not 360 or 720. Best looking proofs and the fastest at that resolution.

Makes the type look really good

If you are in the need of double sided proof the solution above is really good. In case of single sided the Canon ipf-7xx series is the easiest solution for you. The quality is good and it has an HP emulator mode so you can use it with your prinergy as if it was an HP plotter.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back