Luscher in automatic mode

ngs2600

Hello,

I have a Luscher Xpose 160. A couple times a day it will freeze up and give and error message of "Machine in Automatic Mode". Does anyone know what causes this? I checked the short and sweet manual, but it does not say anything about that message.

I have to turn the device off and restart the Luscher spool software.

Thanks for any help.

RJ

Not sure what PHS is?
I am able to get into the support menu that the tech's use. It has areas for laser readout and a bunch of other stuff. Not sure what I should be looking for in there?

R

PHS is the Plate Handling System for plate loading and unloading.. You put the Luscher in Automatic mode when you are using it.

I do not have PHS. My best guess is that is being caused by static electricity.
Any other thoughts?

If you press the "Auto" button on the front panel of the Luscher it puts in into Automatic mode. Is it possible someone is pushing that button? Also, you turn it off the same way, ie...the front panel of the Luscher.

Joe,

I don't think any of us are touching the auto button, but I will be mindful of it make sure we are not.

RJ

RJ,

Yeah, that's why I included the bit about turning it off on the front panel since it sounds like something is tripping it into auto mode on it's own. I believe it is the ESC key you push to take it off of auto mode which, if it works, will keep you from having to power it down and back up.

Joe

if you know about luscher, we have a 230xp, however i have some clients that complain about the not giving the color right. even when we try with a densitometer, it show that our plate is 3% off. why is that? does any one knows if the speed has to do with it. we lower our speed for plates from 575 to 550. is there anything else that can change the exposition and create this problem?

thanks

color shift

color shift

Ther are two diferent problems.
They are certainly related.

Not getting the right exposure.
I worked with xpose for several yars. it is an excelent machine.
I work with a creo/kodak it also is a great machine.

But both need calibration. It is normal.

Using your RIP, you have to calibrate the final response.
For example if you need to get 25% and you read 28% you need to compensate.

First you will need technical assistance, and this is a normal service:
You have to calibrate the laser power/drum speed and basic focus for each brand/type of plate and procesing parameters.

You will get a tipical 2-3% acuracy.

Please read the manual of wathever RIP you are using and make the compensation tables to get the right exposure. You will find luscher ir very accurate, AFTER BEING CALIBRATED.....

It is normal to get under 1% desviation acuracy. Very near instrument acuracy.

So this is first.

For color shift, it is tipical: you are not using the right ICC profile.
Check it.

Miguel Sanchez
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back