Mach 6

That would be me, I would assume. I have been a primary beta tester since February of this year having worked with two incremental incarnations of the new Mach 6.

To all Mach 5 owners: Run, don't walk, to turn in your 5 and get a 6. Same ink and print head, but many major improvements in paper handling, print quality (good-bye to ticking and smudging), and maintenance requirements (now minimal to none). Running #10's Landscape is now feasible. Unit runs whisper quiet.

Try one and you won't want to go back to the 5...ever.

Well hello Number One, I'm Number Two.
​​​​​ I was on an AB Dick before this, so I really don't have anything to compare it to.

Last edited:
Jennifer,

I own 2 Mach 5's: a simplexing unit an a duplexing version, which gives me experience with 3 engines total. The Mach 5 was somewhat of a 'proof of concept' machine which introduced the Memjet technology to envelope printing. The result among users was a love/hate relationship. The good news is that the Mach 6 removes most of the technical impediments and objections, so consider yourself fortunate that you are starting off with a much more viable implementation.

For me, the ability to print 10 x13" now means I can offer a full envelope package when someone orders a #10, 9x12, and 10x13". Previously I would have to print the 10x13 on one of my toner printers. The new adjustable head and table height allows for printing on thick substrates up to a 1/4" or so. I've printed over 250M pieces of 5x8" 21 point board stock without a hitch. (The Mach 5 is limited to light/medium card stock).

The maintenance of the Mach 5 service station is a time consuming, laborious, and dirty process. The Mach 6 servicing is nominal and easy, as you have probably discovered. The recovery time for Mach 5 maintenance cycles is very slow; the 6 recovers in a fraction of the time.

Are you using the job storage feature? For longer runs I save the job to the printer's memory (with a box quantity of 500) and let the operator execute the multiple runs. Easier than sending multiple print commands from Acrobat.

I'd say the Mach 5 still has an application for niche markets, but for general commercial, envelope, and packaging printing the Mach 6 should be your choice.

So all in all, lots of valuable improvements. Good luck with yours!

Dave

No...

I find that InFix - https://www.iceni.com/infix.htm - handles my color correction/matching needs. If you have basic feel for color mixing, Infix can adjust the CMYK color values in the entire file easily and quickly. Most importantly it allows you to open PDF files even if you do not have the embedded fonts installed. I believe you can't do that with Illustrator (I'm open to being corrected on this).

InFix also allows you to change the page size, a feature I use daily.

For Windows or Mac...$10. a month or $100. a year. Highly recommend. I believe there is a free trial.

Shawn - I'm not using mcolor either, haven't had the chance to yet. I am going to check into damfino's InFix as soon as I get to work though!
Damfino - I do feel very fortunate; I love this machine and am much better with it than I ever could've been with the spatula and ink bucket contraption I was on before. We do folders, everything filing so no envelopes as of yet. I am somewhat limited by the 8.77" print area, I had 22" to work with before. HOWEVER, I will gladly work around it!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back