Macs cannot connect to Prinergy EVO Server after power outage

lostmind

I'm really not sure if this is a setting that got messed up or what happened so hopefully someone can give me an idea to try. We had a major rainstorm today and we lost power for about 10 seconds. We shut down everything and waited for the storm to pass. Upon rebooting the Prinergy Evo server, the computer came up okay but the Prinergy Evo Program stalled upon startup. During this time, we could not access the data on the server from any computer nor see it on the network. I tried rebooting a couple times and every time the Prinergy Program stalled on startup. I decided to try restoring the last configuration that I had saved from 3 months ago. I rebooted, the Prinergy Program started up and the PCs were able to access the server and see it on the network. Unfortunately, the Macs (which I do all my work on), will not connect nor can I see them on the network. The server is running Windows 2008, it's about 2 years old and I connect using smb and have never had a problem since it was installed. Does anyone have an idea on what I can try to fix this issue? I don't see the issue being my mac workstation as all 3 won't connect. Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated! Thank You!

Does your Prinergy server have a static IP address? It should, if not make it so. First thing I would do is open Network Utility on the Mac, go to Ping, and enter the Prinergy's IP and ping. If it returns ok but you still can't connect editing the Mac's hosts file may help. There are lots of online help on how to do that.

Test the network cards, if other systems can see the server and the MAC cannot see if the MAC can see your file server if it was connected to one.

All I can say is that I'm at a loss for words right now…..When this whole fiasco started, the first place I looked at was the TCP IP settings. This morning I came in and ping'd the server and got "no host". I Googled the internet for other potential help and tried those ideas. I went back to check the IP settings and they were now gone. I put in the correct TCP IP settings and it now connected although the Prinergy Evo client crashed the first time on startup with the older config settings. Anyways, I don't get it…they were there at the start. I'm beginning to believe the world is screwing with me! Thanks eskopdl and David...Appreciate for taking the time to look at this and trying to help!

All I can say is that I'm at a loss for words right now…..When this whole fiasco started, the first place I looked at was the TCP IP settings. This morning I came in and ping'd the server and got "no host". I Googled the internet for other potential help and tried those ideas. I went back to check the IP settings and they were now gone. I put in the correct TCP IP settings and it now connected although the Prinergy Evo client crashed the first time on startup with the older config settings. Anyways, I don't get it…they were there at the start. I'm beginning to believe the world is screwing with me! Thanks eskopdl and David...Appreciate for taking the time to look at this and trying to help!

​ This is why the term SNAFU exists.

Cool. You may want to consider a battery backup for your server, then in the next power outage you will be able to shut down the server properly if need be. Most battery backups these days should be able to ride out a 10 minute storm as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back