Magnus 800 Debris Removal Filter Error

Jim R

I got the error message to remove the Full Debris Removal Filter on my Magnus 800 but replacing the filter didn't get rid of the error. Does anyone know how to disable that sensor so I can continue to make plates until the service tech can get here? The tech thinks the blower is wearing out and needs to be replaced but I am having a tough time getting the part from kodak and the tech can't get here until next week.

If you hear the motor running on your debris removal, you may have a clogged hose to the thermal head. Also, double check the cables to the unit to make sure everything is plugged in. If the green light goes on and there is no sound then it is the blower. Without access to the firmware, you cant disable the debris removal. Kodak(or the tech) should be able to log in remotely and take care of it.

Did you get a error number with the message?

I got the error message to remove the Full Debris Removal Filter on my Magnus 800 but replacing the filter didn't get rid of the error. Does anyone know how to disable that sensor so I can continue to make plates until the service tech can get here? The tech thinks the blower is wearing out and needs to be replaced but I am having a tough time getting the part from kodak and the tech can't get here until next week.

In media definitions, select your plate, press ctrl+u, then edit and under advanced unselect udrc and save it

No, just the error for debris removal, I don't remember the error number. It was found after the filter was replaced and they couldn't get the error to clear.

These things could cause your problem:

The voltage is too low at the cabinet.
The filter has clugged suddenly.
There is mechanical damage to the blower.
Check all the above.

The error code was 43006, Error Category 03

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Turned out to be one of the small blue tubes on the laser head had been rubbing on something and had worn a hole in it. We repaired the tube and all is good. Hope this helps someone out in the future.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back