Man Roland 306

i run a 305. it's a great press, but the feed can be a little tricky sometimes. not as bulletproof as say a speedmaster of equal size.

i like running mine. it's very easy to operate and simple to learn.

hi there,

ive ran a 304 (one of the first 5 in the country) and a 305. well engineered except i thought running boards between the units were a tad low causing the need for constant moving of the guides but dont know anybody else who complained of this and electrical issues constantly espescially on the perfecting. The op system was ok once you get used to it but i prefer cp2000. But overall i would rarther run a roland than a speedmaster, and ive been running speedies for years now.

Paul

Worked with a couple of 305's.

Itty-bitty ink forms. I found they printed exceptionally sharp, but solids were always a challenge. Get ready to double-hit, or bump. I hear that new rollers would've helped.

We always had a stripe of heavier ink about 3 inches up from the gripper. The press guys played with the commencement, but never could get it to go away. That drove me nuts!

Lay in a couple of dampener motors. We went through a lot of those. They sit in such a way that they get exposed to oil. Eventually the oil gets into the motor housing, and also causes the casing of the wiring to get brittle. You can drain the oil out of the motor housing successfully once or twice, but eventually that puppy's gonna' burn up.

Roland uses some specialized lubricants that are pricey-pricey. We tried to have them replicated, but couldn't. It's good stuff, but they're proud of it.

Use grain-long plates. It's specified in the book. If you don't, the plate hanging system can scratch the plates. Oh, and the plates punch at lead and tail. Never saw a tail punch before. On the up side, you don't have to bend the plates.

They're okay presses, but the printing characteristics I saw would steer me in another direction.

Are you looking at one with the auto scanning densitometer?

Hi,

Thanks for your info, I almost buy a Man Roland 306 year 1995; i think it´s a great press, i saw it working and for me i think is great (I work with a Solna 425 year 1979). Right now we want to buy a used press and the price for this one is very good. What else should i know?.

Regards,

mruiz which country are you from, i have to be honest if you are currently working on a solna this press will will help with the drinkin and baldness :)

Were is the press you were intrested in?

mruiz which country are you from, i have to be honest if you are currently working on a solna this press will will help with the drinkin and baldness :)

haha too true mate!! Solna's can print a good job but are ancient technology and a true bastard of a thing when they want to be.. cut my teeth on 425 and a 125 years ago and would never, ever, for no amount of money, run one again... they say every man has his price but i value my hairline.. and like my blood pressure in the 'safe' range :) even an average 306 will s**t all over the 425 from a very great height

Hi,

Does anyone know what`s the power requirement to install the machine? Right now i have in my printing shop 240volts, 125 amp, 3 phase.

Thanks,

Depends on whether the press was built for European or North American market. I believe the European machines are 307V and the US are 400V.

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anyone know what`s the power requirement to install the machine? Right now i have in my printing shop 240volts, 125 amp, 3 phase.

Thanks,

You also need to know the frequency of the electrical supply and of the machine electrical specification. In some places it is 60 cycles (hertz) and in other places it is 50 cycles (hertz).

Mismatching will affect motor speeds, etc.

Hi,

Right now the machine is in USA and my printing shop is in Costa Rica. How many KVA does the machine need to work?
Thanks,

About the Roland r306

About the Roland r306

Actually, all machines coming from Germany are either wired for 220v 3 phase or 380v 3 phase. The voltage will depend on the press size. On the Roland machines, in general, any press over 2 color is wired for 380v.

I have worked for MAN Roland as an engineer, and managing a service business specilaizing on MAN Roland machines since 1986.
Any questions are welcome.

Francois
Control Graphics Coprporation

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back