Manual duplex coated glossy jamming on second side (Ricoh 5310)

bcr

Folks I'm trying to print onto Mondo Colour Copy coated glossy 135gm via the bypass tray.

Bypass does not support duplex printing so I'm doing it manually.

First side prints fine, but second side is jamming as it gets exactly halfway through the fuser.

Any suggestions?

I'm using the paper settings from the built in paper catalogue which has an entry for this exact stock

Well
Disabling "print maximum printable area" solved that.

But now I'm doing the same with the same paper but 200gm version and it's jamming at the bridge to the finisher, DAMNIT

Last edited:
How in the world does the bypass not support duplex, that seems nuts!
Why would the feed tray have any influence over duplexing?

Err, I was certain that it doesn't support it for some reason. But I'm gonna have to check that in the morning now as the manual seems to be contradicting me. Hope I am wrong

Err, I was certain that it doesn't support it for some reason. But I'm gonna have to check that in the morning now as the manual seems to be contradicting me. Hope I am wrong

Just found this in the manual for the Ricoh 5300s FAQ -
What should I do if automatic duplex printing cannot be executed?
The machine's paper tray settings may not have been configured to support duplex printing.
1. Press [Tray Paper Settings] on the Home screen.
2. Select the paper tray and then press [Manual Paper Settings].
3. In [Apply Duplex], select [Yes], and then press [OK].

I've always been Xerox so zero experience with Ricoh but to not be able to duplex from the bypass is crazy.

Reactions: bcr
It does support duplex from the bypass tray. What I see happen is you can't duplex the highest weights. Someone will pick a weight that can't duplex and the machine turns off duplex on the tray. Then when you go to a lower weight it doesn't turn duplex back on.

Thank you both.
Can confirm duplex works from bypass

I had clearly missed that in the beginning about the settings defaulting to simplex.

I feel dumb now but oh well - glad to know it works :0

Thank you both.
Can confirm duplex works from bypass

I had clearly missed that in the beginning about the settings defaulting to simplex.

I feel dumb now but oh well - glad to know it works :0
At least you didn't have to have someone on site for it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back