Matrix 370P Laminator Compressor Trapped!!

halmac

We have a Matrix Laminator that uses a Bambi Compressor. The compressor has died but I cannot remove it from the machine. The machine has two bars, one on each side, filled with wires that trap the compressor.
The compressor is sitting on a shelf that cannot be removed. I noticed in the pictures of other Matrix laminators that those bars filled with wires are not there.
Any ideas? The compressor made a snap-like noise when I turned it on and there is no pressure. We can hook up any compressor to the machine but I would like to remove the old one if possible.
IMG_0658.jpg

Last edited:
Are you saying the bars bolted to the frame at both the front and back both have wiring in them?

Have you spoke with anyone at Vivid?

Yes, both have wiring with no simple disconnect. We followed the wires and they go everywhere.
The trays have four bolts but can't come out even if unbolted.
It seems like you have to lift the top portion off the bottom.
The dealer said they would talk to us at 150 dollars per hour.

Go straight to the horse’s mouth, speak to Vivid in the UK at Ashby. The technical guys are all great and will give you straight, helpful answers.

Great, Thanks!
Go straight to the horse’s mouth, speak to Vivid in the UK at Ashby. The technical guys are all great and will give you straight, helpful answers.
Went straight to the horse's mouth and they were very helpful. They responded very quickly. Thanks!!!
I have to lift off the top half of the machine. I was hoping for something simpler but that's ok.
Thanks!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back