Mbo t49

splashdesignz

Help.... I have a MBO T49 that has suddenly stopped feeding. My manual doesn't have the the parts where I think the problem in occurring.
Of course it is Saturday and I can't reach a technician until Monday and the 48000 piece job I have must be folded by Tuesday at 3 pm.

I'm attaching a photo of where the problem is occurring. The feed wheel has stopped rotating. Any idea why this is happening. We can
feed by spinning the wheel by hand so the suction still works it simply will not feed automatically.

If someone can offer assistance, my team and I would be very grateful.

Angela Thomas 2012-10-12 19.52.47.jpg:mad:

Are you saying the shaft is spinning that the Vacuum Wheel attaches to and not the wheel or nothing is spinning in production mode?

JW

MBO t49

MBO t49

Obviously not the right photo. 2012-10-20 14.50.03.jpg
Hopefully this is the correct photo.
The shaft is not spinning the feeder wheel in production mode.
I have vacuum but no rotation to feed the paper.
Thanks
Angela

Well, what was it? Don't you think that the membership from whom you sought help deserves to know, so that we can help someone else with a similar problem in the future?

Al

Of course you do. My book failed to have the page that showed the Feeder Drive Belt. That belt had broken, actually....it disintegrated. New belt on its way. Again thanks to all who offered their assistance.
Angela

I guess you all should see how my partner "jury rigged" the machine so we could finish this large folding job. Using a piece of pvc pipe, a variable speed drill, a spade bit, a coffee can and some duct tape he was able to get the machine to run at 6000 rph. While not the best solution it served our purpose to finish the job.

2012-10-22 12.02.27.jpg

I guess you all should see how my partner "jury rigged" the machine so we could finish this large folding job. Using a piece of pvc pipe, a variable speed drill, a spade bit, a coffee can and some duct tape he was able to get the machine to run at 6000 rph. While not the best solution it served our purpose to finish the job. Necessity is the mother of invention they say.

View attachment 3064

Sorry for being late but after seeing the picture I would have said to look at the drive belt. And ain't no shame in rigging something to get a job off if it does not damage equipment. You get by and meet your deadlines. It is what we do. Glad you figured it out and hopefully you ordered 2 belts or atleast keep the "rig" in case this happens again. By the way, T-49's rock.

JW

Two thumbs up for your ingenuity . . . we did something similar when we lost a coupling in our film processor . . . its amazing what a variable speed drill can do!!!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back