Metrix Imposition Shift on second side......

jim.spurr

Just been using Metrix for the last six months mainly doing flat work, business cards, bookmarks, leaflets etc.

Been wanting to utilise it more for magazines, booklets etc. Have worked out how to do the imposition but on creating the imposed PDF when set to run on a perfecting press it moved the imposed image on the second side by exactly 5mm up. Obviously being an exact 5mm says to me there is a settings issue but am at a lose of where this is.

Have created an 8 page imposed PDF and side two has the same 5mm movement on pages 2, 4, 6 and 8.

Anyone else had this issue and resolved it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Jim,

This certainly does sound pretty weird. The solution is likely to be found in the prepress workflow you're using, and whether you're exporting to plate or sheet size. Specifically though, I've never seen this type of problem. I'd suggest giving a call to your Metrix support provider. If you're uncertain who that would be, feel free to email me directly and I can find out for you. davo at lithotechnics dot com.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back