MGI Meteor DP60 vs HP Indigos Banding Issue

I'm looking for unbiased feedback (Kodak, HP or MGI sales people or representatives of these companies need not reply) from actual users to confirm if they know whether or not the MGI Meteor DP60 has any color banding issues when printing large areas of solid color on paper substrates. So far to date I've found no better press to handle this issue (banding) than the HP Indigo's, including comparing Kodak's NexPress in side to side comparisons.

Any relevant information, feedback or experiences with this concern would be appreciated.

Regards,
OTP

Last edited:
We looked at all machines and went with the DP60 for various reasons. The Banding issue was a huge concern for me but was one of the reasons the DP60 ended up in our shop. I spent many years with the older Xerox technology and coming from the photo industry always had a problem with the banding and streaking that came with it. This is not to say that the DP60 is not capable of banding, but with the proper up keep and maintenance it is a non issue. Most issues I have seen with solid colour printing have been modeling caused by the substrate not the printer.

Indigo resale values

Indigo resale values

My firm does some financing in the printing industry . A client is looking at an HP INDIGO WS6000 and I am wondering how the resale values of such a product might be perceived re residual values, etc .

This website seems very robust and would appreciate any comments .

Stan

DP60 vs HP Indigo

DP60 vs HP Indigo

Hi Stan,

I'm not sure, I would appreciate it if you would please create your own thread for this inquiry. It's off target from the information I'm hoping to pursue on this thread and it will cause the subject to deviate from the information I was trying to pursue when I created the thread of which you're currently using.

Thanks, OTP

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back