HP Indigo 7600 vs iGen 4 110...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you had multiple 8080's and a single iGen raised your electric bill by that much? Holy crap!! Makes you wonder if you you should have got a DI instead, if it would fit your workflow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you had multiple 8080's and a single iGen raised your electric bill by that much? Holy crap!! Makes you wonder if you you should have got a DI instead, if it would fit your workflow.

Yes, we had 3 8080's and it did indeed raise the bill that much with removing two (Xerox has left one 8080 till the end of the month and that is what almost everything is running on.)

As for how much the iGen is getting used. If it's on it's either running or being serviced. We don't let it go idle, it gets turned off. We have run some volume through it but still it's been only about 600,000 prints in just about 2.5 months. For reference the machine is rated to 3.75 million a month. I figure the electricity difference is raising the cost per print about .25 cents each.

How many shifts do you run? And is the $1300/month comparing it to a month that an 8080 or 800 was running in its place? Also is that $1300 with the machine barely running due to service? So is the iGen mainly in standby during the month that the electric went up $1300?

Start building a case and sue Xerox if needed to have it removed.

Officially we were told that we should be able to get our workload done in one shift. We are finding, best case senario that it would be closer to 1.25 shifts if the machine behaves. If it doesn't, well, were past 2 on some days.

But you are running the iGen for roughly 40 hours a week? So the iGen is costing roughly $8 more an hour then 2 8080's if I got all the information correct.

Time for a follow up. I can give you bunches and bunches of details but I think the thing that says it best is.....

The iGen was removed from service and Xerox picked it up in just about 48 hours from our demand.

We are happy and finally getting work out without hemorrhaging money in the process. I would say, at this point, I can think of very few situations where a single iGen would make sense, either financially or physically (production uptime).

Hi Jerod,

May I ask then, what are you using to run your jobs now? Indigo, Ricoh or others? I don't assume the big X gave you the iGen 4 220 with 110's pricing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back