MIS for digital print and mail company

raminmd

Hi,

I am looking for a system that will let us track our jobs through the different departments. We are an on demand all digital print and mail shop. We not only print and mail but we also mail for other printers who do not have the capability. I am looking for a system to track all of our jobs. Some of the features we are looking for include -

1.) Create custom job tickets with options specific to us. This would include digital print/mailing options. We don't need offset printing options.

2.) Follow the job around through the different departments - sales - data - design -print -mail. Each department should be able to set statuses etc about the jobs.

3.) Contact Management - Desirable but not essential.

4.) The system WILL NOT be our accounting/invoicing system. We use quickbooks and will continue to use it.

Basically, if the system lets us enter orders, generate job tickets and track the jobs through the shop, we are good.

Systems like Printsmith are overkill for us and we don't want to spend thousands of dollars getting a system and them paying thousands in yearly fees.

Is there anything out there geared towards a digital print shop with mailing capabilities?

Thanks.

Isn't this a ghost (duplicate) of another post? ;-)

I suggest you read in the forum as there is plenty of information on various MIS systems, including on http://www. printersplan .com

If you need to automate your impositions, contact us.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
www. imposition. com

Ray,

It is not really a ghost post. I posted one is the pre-press/workflow section about 4-5 months ago and had no replies. I realized that it was not the right place for this post there.

I did go through tons of threads on this forum and other sites as well. I did not run into a solution geared towards digital printers that are also mail houses. We are different from most other printers in the sense that we do two things -

1.) We hold our own georgraphical/demographical lists and have a separate data department that runs data.
2.) We mail jobs that we don't print as well. As such the order entry should be for jobs that are just going through the mailing process.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have run into a system that does everything.

Ray,

Unfortunately, I don't think I have run into a system that does everything.

Based on your requirements, you might want to work with someone who does custom programing. Looking for system designed to be used by multiple types of printers or businesses makes them bloated and expensive. While a custom program designed for you only includes the things you want.

If you find the right person and you provide them with specific requirements and expectations I bet you could be up and running in no time and at a good price.

Dan Barbaria

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back